District 4- questionable result (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 02:37:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  District 4- questionable result (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: District 4- questionable result  (Read 7380 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: December 13, 2004, 02:29:41 PM »
« edited: December 13, 2004, 02:34:09 PM by Senator-Elect Gabu »

Harry, if you want to take me to court for declaring WMS the winner,  I don't mind, really!

I would hope that there is no biased displayed in this post.

Well, it probably would be a good idea to get a ruling on this one either way, given that it is kind of ambiguous.  Does editing the post containing your vote, while leaving the vote itself intact, still constitute amending your vote, or do you have to actually change the vote itself?  Does this rule apply to Senatorial elections, or only to Presidential elections?  It's currently unclear.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 10:44:03 PM »

King just won the biggest mandate in history! Cheesy

Anyways, I dunno.  Given that the initial rule, as I understand it, was that no posts should be edited, even if the official law was unclear, I personally think that we should just go with that, let WMS win, and then introduce some voting reform into the Senate in an attempt to fix this the democratic way (maybe that could be my first project in the Senate Wink ).  Of course, I can't stop anyone from taking this to court if they so choose and have legal standing, but I don't really think it's good for the country to have at least one controversy over whether or not votes X and Y are valid after every single election.  We need solid, unambiguous rules in the Constitution that we can simple point to and say, "This is how it is".  I would really like to see Harry win, as I felt that he was a good Senator, so don't get me wrong, but I really feel that this is getting a bit much.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 11:27:42 PM »

Wait, wait...is this a joke? I really want to know if this was a planned joke. Democratic Hawk DELETED HIS VOTE and now wants to sue for his voting rights? I have a tough time taking this seriously at this point.

I'm not really sure what the deal is with that deleted vote bit.  If the vote was indeed deleted, then it certainly can't count.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies