Opinion of the Bharatiya Janata Party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:04:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the Bharatiya Janata Party (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of the BJP
Freedom Party

Horrible Party

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 68

Author Topic: Opinion of the Bharatiya Janata Party  (Read 2525 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: April 16, 2014, 05:14:56 PM »

Obvious Horrible Party, but BRTD consigning all of their voters to the trash heap with them is going a little too far.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 01:44:09 AM »

I just basically put their voters in the same category as Golden Dawn voters.

I'm sure there is at least one Golden Dawn voter, too, who is not '[d]isgusting, f**king filth and utter trash'. I swear it's like nobody ever introduced you to the concept of the banality of evil before.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 12:32:15 PM »

And the BJP and its allies threw a fit over the possibility of Sonia Gandhi being PM, and clearly not just because she was from the other party.

But is that specifically because she's Christian or more because she's foreign-born and -raised? Because that isn't a reason with which I'd agree, but it's--to an extent--understandable and not just flagrantly bigoted.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 09:05:45 PM »

And the BJP and its allies threw a fit over the possibility of Sonia Gandhi being PM, and clearly not just because she was from the other party.

But is that specifically because she's Christian or more because she's foreign-born and -raised? Because that isn't a reason with which I'd agree, but it's--to an extent--understandable and not just flagrantly bigoted.

If a conservative party in a European country objected to a politician from a rival liberal party being PM because they were foreign-born and not of the local ethnicity, people would be hollering RACISM, RACISM, RACISM.

I mean I think it's a little more understandable for Indians to be leery about having Europeans as their leaders...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well, yeah, obviously, although I must admit I don't understand quite what's made people so upset with the Congress over the past five years (I understand it in general terms).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies