Huckabee threatens to leave GOP (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 03:34:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Huckabee threatens to leave GOP (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Huckabee threatens to leave GOP  (Read 5506 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: October 09, 2014, 07:02:08 PM »

Who cares? I know narcissism is present in most politicians, but attention whoring among GOP presidential hopefuls seems to be at an all time high lately. Cruz, Huckabee, Palin, etc. are like teenage girls in a twerking competition desperately trying to impress the boys (or in this case, the base).

Hopefully he runs for president as an independent though, that'd be awesome. I'd love to see Hillary win 400+ EVs.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 01:15:43 PM »

Yes, abortion isn't going anywhere.  Gay marriage and birth control will need to go if they want to win a presidential election anytime soon.  What would a Huckabee independent run look like in 2016?

Probably something like this?

Clinton/Warner 42.5%
Paul/Walker 36.5%
Huckabee/Palin 21.0%

Really? You think a HUCKABEE/PALIN ticket would attract a non negligible amount of Democratic support? Roll Eyes Almost all of his vote share would be coming from otherwise Republican voters. Unless you're assuming Hillary would lose to Paul 57-43 as a baseline, which is even more ridiculous. Huckabee would also not do nearly that well. In fact, I doubt he'd win a single state, though he could potentially snag second in a few like Perot did.

If Huckabee is more of a Nader-like annoyance than an actual contender (ex: he wins 3-5%) Hillary would still probably crack 400 EV due to him siphoning away Republican votes in key states: something like 52D-43R-4I in the popular vote).

If Huckabee is more of a Perot-like (or better) contender, Hillary would probably win over 500 EVs. (51D-25R-23I).
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 08:03:55 PM »

Yes, abortion isn't going anywhere.  Gay marriage and birth control will need to go if they want to win a presidential election anytime soon.  What would a Huckabee independent run look like in 2016?

Probably something like this?

Clinton/Warner 42.5%
Paul/Walker 36.5%
Huckabee/Palin 21.0%

Really? You think a HUCKABEE/PALIN ticket would attract a non negligible amount of Democratic support? Roll Eyes Almost all of his vote share would be coming from otherwise Republican voters.

It looks to me like Huckabee IS getting his vote share from Republican voters on that map. Huckabee isn't shown winning a single Obama state, Clinton is shown winning seven Romney states (clearly due to a split in the GOP vote, at least partially); and the only states Huckabee is shown winning are staunchly Republican states.

I was referring to the popular vote totals.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies