French election maps (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:52:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  French election maps (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: French election maps  (Read 242128 times)
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2012, 05:28:51 AM »

Yeah, I wanted to do by arrondissements, but my base map (ripped off from Geoclip and pasted together into a single huge base map) didn't include them.

I can do cantonal maps for any candidate in 2002 or 2007, any major party in the 2009 EU elections or major lists in the 2010 regions, any major party in the 2007 legislative elections. So if you have requests, it'll give me a pass time.

I guess
Chevènement 2002
Madelin 2002
Besancenot 2007
would be the most interesting.

And, for fun,
Boutin 2002
Bové 2007
Villiers 2007.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2012, 12:46:06 PM »

Me too.
But it's rather depressing for me: it was the good old times, when the right was still pretty strong in inner West, in Ile-de-France or in all the Massif Central.
Corrèze is almost readable immediately in this map !
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2012, 10:36:17 AM »

Mille bravos !
Mazette... Ca, c'est de la carte !

Well, big congratulations. I've already stolen it and it's in my PC now.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2012, 05:18:54 AM »

Hash, have you a blank map with new legislative constituencies, by chance ? Grin
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2012, 11:08:17 AM »

Wonderful !

Apart from big cities and rich bobos areas, only the rightist countryside is in green... but Mayenne's or Maine-et-Loire's divides are fascinating. Also these few cantons in Côte d'Or

Vivent les Chouans ! Vivent les Vendéens !

That said without any irony, in fact... Smiley
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2013, 09:49:35 AM »
« Edited: March 13, 2013, 09:53:45 AM by big bad fab »

- Hash, as for Green results in Lot-et-Garonne in 1981 and 1984, I'm not so sure that there is a mistake.
I remember that, in these years, there were very lively structures of organic farming (there are still a lot) in Lot-et-Garonne and many local rallies of anti-nuclear, pacifist, environment-friendly structures.
Well, between 2.6 and 4.1%, it might be an explanation...

- homely, about Poujadists' results in Eure, well, Mendès-France was pretty popular among rurals, especially among shopkeepers and tradesmen but also among peasants.
Locally, he was a moderate Radical, not a leftist one, and, as PM, he made decisions which were good for this electorate (free milk for pupils in schools, for example: a good market for breeders and for grocers).

These are "micro"-explanations, but reasonable ones.

- As for 1984 and the list with Lalonde and Stirn, it was a list with Lalonde, Stirn AND François Doubin, MRG leader of the time. It was so dubbed the LSD list Wink
I was too young (13) to vote, but old enough to litterally force my parents to vote for them Smiley
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2013, 10:17:42 AM »

Well, the hierarchy between the 3 constituencies was the same in 81 and 84.

And a 3 point gap in a constituency in a European election, with low turnout (though it's 84, not the 21st century), it's not that impossible.
Sure, I can't remember about local big guns for the Greens...

I have another idea, FWIW: the new nuclear plant of Golfech which was being built during these years.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2013, 09:00:25 AM »

May I say that this is marvelously predictive of the "new" FN electorate of the following years ?

"Popular" left, some "lost" rural areas, very old small-industries areas,...

Apart from Bouches-du-Rhône (but it was just the favourite son effect), these are the areas where Panzergirl has made the biggest gains.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2013, 08:23:53 AM »

Many of Hash's maps have become unreadable Sad
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2013, 08:30:04 AM »

- If you know Paris well (I mean, almost street by street), these maps aren't surprising at all.
Paris is so densely populated and built, that you can guess almost exactly the results of each precinct.
What is absolutety fantastic is to see this on a finely designed map: thanks a lot, Hash Cheesy !

- As for 2009, the only precincts won by the PS are minority ones:
Blacks and Arabs in the 18th, 19th and 20th arrondissements, sort-of-Roms and Arabs in the 14th, Asians and Blacks in the 13th. Quite funny.

- When you see the 2007 map, it makes me sad again about the 1st and the 15th arrondissements (and of course the 6th, but that's no surprise): one day, they'll be competitive for the left Sad though it's far slower than I thought in the 15th.
Of course, conversely, some others can be won back by the right, but not the 14th, dear stupid NKM: I've alaways said that the 9th should be the first target, then the 12th AND the 4th, then the 2nd (while keeping the 5th, of course).
The 14th is a quintessential bobo arrondissement: even with the quintessential bobo rightist NKM, I can't believe it will switch back to the UMP.

- Hash, was your sentence "Similar maps (and more) can be done at the precinct level for anywhere in France (which has more than one polling station) for 2007, 2009 and 2010 elections" a call for tender Wink ?
Bordeaux and Strasbourg would be my favourites. If you hae time to make just one for 2007, maybe Strasbourg, as there should be an interesting result, with the inner island in the center and some very different neighbourhoods around.
Bordeaux may be quite mixed and funny.
Whereas Rennes would be boring (too weirdly organized as a city: no real coherence).
Lyons, Perpignan and Tours may be other good candidates, but I'm not an expert.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2013, 03:59:26 PM »
« Edited: August 29, 2013, 04:02:02 PM by big bad fab »

See this small lil' pink area in the 2009 map, in the right down corner of 14th arrondissement ?
This is Porte de Vanves, a small neighbourhood inhabited by "former" Roms (I mean, settled French gypsies; sorry for the erroneous confusion between the 2 populations, though ancestries may be identical).
BTW, still 10 years ago, they used to fight against some Arab minorities from Losserand street, not far from Porte de Vanves, just to the north of it.

These small pecularities of Paris are fascinating, though mostly ignored.

All around Paris, just between the "peripherique" (ring road) and the "inner boulevards", you've got very specific neighbourhoods, artificially put one besides the other. And, mostly (except int he west, of course) with ethnic minorities.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies