McAuliffe say Clinton is willing to walk back on TPP. Then reverses his comments (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 04:48:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  McAuliffe say Clinton is willing to walk back on TPP. Then reverses his comments (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: McAuliffe say Clinton is willing to walk back on TPP. Then reverses his comments  (Read 879 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: July 26, 2016, 11:00:30 PM »

I believe she will do the right thing.  Preferably though, the lame duck congress will push it through after the election and we won't have to worry about it.

Congress would need balls of steel to do that when something like 95-98% of the country will be voting for a candidate who opposes it. I'm skeptical that it would work even in a lame duck.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 11:15:50 PM »

I believe she will do the right thing.  Preferably though, the lame duck congress will push it through after the election and we won't have to worry about it.

Congress would need balls of steel to do that when something like 95-98% of the country will be voting for a candidate who opposes it. I'm skeptical that it would work even in a lame duck.
You act as if Congress cares about what the people think.

Obviously they don't. But that's pretty big even for their standards.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies