Update for Everyone IV - Hungover (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:50:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 118240 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2016, 07:02:15 AM »

Changed religions; I am now a Beta Jew.  Hoping to become an Alpha Jew one day.

How soon will you be dueling a fellow Jew to become an Alpha one?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2016, 11:35:34 AM »

I've became an utter workaholic. If I don't do some work I feel like a s**t. If I do some work, I feel like a s**t for not doing more.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2016, 01:02:06 PM »

I've became an utter workaholic. If I don't do some work I feel like a s**t. If I do some work, I feel like a s**t for not doing more.

Can I borrow some of your workaholism? I'm suffering from extreme laziness these days.

No handouts.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2016, 06:40:20 AM »

The police just shot a guy outside my apartment after a brief siege. I saw the exchange but I can't tell what's going on.

The heaviest stuff I've seen myself was a struggling guy from the apartment next door led by the police in handcuffs. No shooting.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2016, 11:06:13 AM »

Most recent update? Contrary to popular belief, I'm not dead.

BEST PIECE OF NEWS I'VE SEEN RECENTLY!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2016, 12:47:41 PM »

Virginia was last active three days ago which, given her level of activity, is a worrying sign. I really hope she'd all right.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2016, 05:11:01 PM »

Virginia was last active three days ago which, given her level of activity, is a worrying sign. I really hope she'd all right.

No posts on AAD in 5 days as well, FYI

She might have just get fed up with all stupidity going on here. Frankly, I wouldn't blame her.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2016, 11:33:28 AM »

Is anyone in touch with her outside the forum? I really hope it's nothing too serious.

I can't think of anyone that became a top-tier contributor quicker than Virginia. I seriously hope she's OK and we'll see her around again.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2016, 04:05:49 PM »
« Edited: August 27, 2016, 04:09:28 PM by The People's Flag Is Deepest Red »

Is anyone in touch with her outside the forum? I really hope it's nothing too serious.

As someone who has become closer to Virginia than probably almost anyone else here, I've tried every possible method of contacting her that I'm aware of and haven't gotten a response. I've become honest-to-God worried about her

Well, we've been exchanging PMs on pretty much every day before she went inactive, so I'm worried as well. There was nothing in our communication that would indicate this. She knows how to contact me (via my FB page), but I have no way of contacting her.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2016, 07:47:49 AM »

I don't suppose anyone has her last name (don't post it if you do) and could try to look her up either on Facebook or just a Google search?

I was thinking of something much more creepy, since I of course don't know anything about her real life. I might try it in a sec.

That as mod you can access sign-up information, like email?

Smart.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2016, 07:51:20 AM »

I don't suppose anyone has her last name (don't post it if you do) and could try to look her up either on Facebook or just a Google search?

I was thinking of something much more creepy, since I of course don't know anything about her real life. I might try it in a sec.

Smart.

Nah. I maybe could- while I should be trying to gain a firm grasp of Internet creepiness in order to hopefully become more employable, I'm pretty lazy about that. My plan is something a bit more... ew. I'm trying to do reverse Google image searches right now. Tongue

Interesting. Go for it, comrade.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2016, 07:54:36 AM »

Smart.

Nah. I maybe could- while I should be trying to gain a firm grasp of Internet creepiness in order to hopefully become more employable, I'm pretty lazy about that. My plan is something a bit more... ew. I'm trying to do reverse Google image searches right now. Tongue

Interesting. Go for it, comrade.

Turned up nothin'.

And yes, I know I'm a heel for having done that to any user.

Sad

We just have to hope she's all right. I like to think that as someone who made significant contributions during her stay, sooner or later she'll come back. I'm going to miss our discussions.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2016, 03:02:50 PM »

I discovered that I am more of a Jew than I ever could have imagined...

on a more serious note, I do hope Virginia is okay...

welcome to the tribe Smiley

This Forum is being taken over by the Je...

Well, it's not really a bad thing.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2016, 05:01:05 AM »

Well, the truth is people are leaving this forum all the time, many of them without actually saying a word. They're just tried of the place, moved on with their lives or simply got no time. As much as I miss her already, I'd rather have Virginia getting fed up with the forum silliness than something else happening.

I don't know if any of you guys had ever had that feeling you'd just like to disappear from the face of the earth. I certainly had (and, back in early 2013 pretty much disappeared to everyone except this forum). Maybe it's this, I don't know.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2016, 05:46:23 PM »

Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2016, 05:43:08 AM »

So glad to hear that! Smiley

(and sorry if we've been a bit creepy in the process - as Spock would say, "that was not our intention" Tongue)
Understatement much?

Well, at least some of us give a sh*t about others.

Yes, we totally should've just ignored the whole things. Who cares about a friend's welfare if the price is being called a creep?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2016, 04:03:52 PM »

Recently I've been totally unable to relax. That sucks.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2016, 05:09:42 AM »

As well: not that I want to be on record supporting the concept of caring for other human beings, but given the, eh, "type" the Atlas attracts, having a user with, eh, "self-destructive" tendencies would be unsurprising. As such, if one *were* to bother caring about others, in these circumstances, worry might have been warranted.

Unfortunately this is true, and we've had very disturbing experiences in the past.

I think in this particular case the community acted not only with responsibility, but actual restraint, not going into a full panic mode but keeping our collective heads cool. Personally I'd like to think that if I were to disappear without a trace, at least one of my fellow posters would notice and give a damn.

I won't hide that I really like Virginia and cherish our interactions. If you want to brand it as "creepy", I couldn't care less.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2016, 08:45:13 AM »

In all seriousness a thread to help investigate disappearances would be good - I'm slightly worried about people like Californiadreaming, evergreen, and CXSmith as well (although Classic can very easily confirm than Smith is alright)

That's crazy and terrifying, what the hell

If I disappear suddenly please assume I am lying dead in an abandoned warehouse on the docks.

This one I'll gladly oblige.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2016, 04:28:25 PM »

My condolences.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2016, 03:06:36 PM »

My grandpa, the one who had the fall back in early August, is a real oxymoron. He'd been told specifically he shouldn't drive for three months, but guess what he's doing... I mean seriously, you just can't reach him.

Oh, he did promise me not to drive anywhere "too far", but this day he drove like 300 km.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2016, 09:16:00 AM »
« Edited: September 14, 2016, 09:20:38 AM by Kalwejt »

My grandpa, the one who had the fall back in early August, is a real oxymoron. He'd been told specifically he shouldn't drive for three months, but guess what he's doing... I mean seriously, you just can't reach him.

Oh, he did promise me not to drive anywhere "too far", but this day he drove like 300 km.

Just make certain you aren't in the car when he drives.  Otherwise, you might get in a bad accident.

Seriously, I'm worried every time he's sitting behind the wheel. I'd rather be in the car with him when he drives so I may be able to react, than leave the stubborn old man on his own.

I mean I've considered disabling his damn car, but given how stubborn he is, it wouldn't accomplish anything.

I hate to ask for advice online, but anybody got an idea?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2016, 10:05:38 AM »

Just make certain you aren't in the car when he drives.  Otherwise, you might get in a bad accident.

Seriously, I'm worried every time he's sitting behind the wheel. I'd rather be in the car with him when he drives so I may be able to react, than leave the stubborn old man on his own.

I mean I've considered disabling his damn car, but given how stubborn he is, it wouldn't accomplish anything.

"Lose" his Keys for a couple of months, and when the time he should've started driving comes in is when you can "find" them.

Yeah, that's the problem. He'd more likely get a heart attack or move the mountains to get the new one asap.

OK, I understand him: if I were him, I'd be pretty eager to function normally again, but just month ago he was basically immobile. "But I've been driving for 50 years", is his usual response. So f**king what? I'm 28 but if I had such an accident, I'd be precluded from doing some normal stuff for a couple of months as well.

I can't watch him permanently.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2016, 04:32:44 PM »

I am in Istanbul Airport on a layover right now. The seat pocket on my flight here had a pamphlet called "FETO's coup attempt in Turkey" which was an 80-page government account of the coup and why the US should extradite Gulen - of course entirely in English.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2016, 06:34:59 AM »

Looks like not only my RL first name had been revealed to the forum, but I've got sucked into the Atlas again. Thanks "Damian93", you asshole.

"Lose" his Keys for a couple of months, and when the time he should've started driving comes in is when you can "find" them.

Yeah, that's the problem. He'd more likely get a heart attack or move the mountains to get the new one asap.

OK, I understand him: if I were him, I'd be pretty eager to function normally again, but just month ago he was basically immobile. "But I've been driving for 50 years", is his usual response. So f**king what? I'm 28 but if I had such an accident, I'd be precluded from doing some normal stuff for a couple of months as well.

I can't watch him permanently.

Do you know anyone nearby that could help watch him?

Yes, I know, fortunately. Makes things a bit easier.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies