Harry Reid: Landrieu "not in any trouble at all" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 02:39:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Harry Reid: Landrieu "not in any trouble at all" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Harry Reid: Landrieu "not in any trouble at all"  (Read 1174 times)
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« on: July 31, 2008, 03:26:45 AM »

I have a strong gut feeling that Landrieu will lose her bid for reelection in this Senate cycle. Sure the latest Rasmussen Poll indicated that Landrieu has a slender five point advantage over John Kennedy but I as I said, I expect Landrieu to lose her Senate seat, due to two reasons:

Firstly, Lousiana has been trending Republican significantly since the 2004 Presidential Election. In the 2004 Presidential Election President Bush increased his totals in Lousiana by four points from 52-44 over Gore in 2000 to 56-42 over John Kerry in 2004. Not to mention in the previous Lousiana Gubernatorial Election, the extremist Bobby Jindal managed to win the Governorship of Lousiana with 54 percent of the vote, with his closest opponent, Walter Boasso gathering 17 percent.

Secondly, a vast majority of African-American voters in Senator Landrieu's hometown of New Orleans have left since the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. I'm not sure what Landrieu's like with African-American voters in the Lousiana electorate,  but I am sure that their absence might cause havoc with Landrieu's reelection campaign.

Though these two reasons might be laughable, and I admit that as I have little to no knowledge about Senatorial Elections in the United States, that's my two cents on Senator Landrieu's chances to win reelection in 2008 over John Kennedy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies