North Carolina Yankee killed Atlasia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:50:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  North Carolina Yankee killed Atlasia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: North Carolina Yankee killed Atlasia  (Read 2700 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: July 15, 2015, 01:37:55 AM »
« edited: July 15, 2015, 01:41:01 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

You're a week late and like the fifth or sixth one to make that ridiculous claim during said period of time. Just like most of them, it is someone who was in this game longer than I have been. In fact, he recruited the guy who recruited me. Tongue

Also, as I hope most will recall. When Consolidation first went to a vote in the Senate, it failed because Xahar, Gass (the sponsor) and Nappy voted not No, not Abstain, but didn't even show up. You ran on a platform of inactivty and Comic Sans script, got elected by the most militant critics of the regionalist status quo, yet such platform as yours came in the way of reforming the game. Shocked, shocked I tell you to realize that radicals aren't reliable when it comes to reforming the game.

And of course he also has his own kill list of players he has driven off. If this really were my vision for this game, I can sure as hell assure you this depressing situation would not have occured.

I am noticing a pattern here.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 01:43:21 AM »

Well thank God somebody is finally saying it's not my fault!

I am tempted to post the AAD post where you claim credit for electing this joke candidate (I call it that not because of him, but the campaign openly ran on litterally comprising of promising to be inactive and writing what little he did post in a different font), to the Senate, but I recall doing so is not allowed on this Orwellian site. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 12:35:56 AM »

Okay time to have some fun with this stupid thread. Evil

I don't care if he feels like he did or not and I don't have any interest in whether he acknowledges it

There's a warning sign on the road ahead
There's a lot of people saying we'd be better off dead
Don't Feel like Satan but I am to them
So I try to forget it anyway I can

I hope this is satire, but I'm afraid it's not.

To put blame on one person over others for the non-existent demise of Atlasia, I think they need to be terrorists or something. Yanke is no Osama Bin Laden.

the photographic evidence says otherwise!

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of poverty and despair
I've been around for a long long year
Stole many a man's soul and time

I was round when Jesus,
had his moment in the Sun
Made damn sure the players
washed their hands and sealed our fate

Strolling through What Ifs
when I saw it was time for a change
King of socks joined all sinister
Atlasia screamed in vain

Pleased to meet you,
won't you guess my name
But whats puzzeling you
is the nature of my game

My Atlas Signature and AAD Avatar are fing devils and all you can come up with is Bin Laden with a state superimposed on his face? Epic Fail!

I can troll myself better than you can. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 08:44:41 PM »

Obviously Xahar's mistake is that he failed to open this thread by posting several thousand words and then immediately locking it before anyone could respond.

Don't even go there Nix.

I posted links at the bottom of everyone of those speeches back to my campaign thread. I did it to weed out the trolling of people who would do nothing but distract from the issues, which is where I always tried ot keep my campaigns focused. And it has been quite a while since I used that format.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 09:46:48 PM »

Anyone who wanted to make a comment or post a question could do so in the campaign thread. I was not suppressing anyone's input, just redirecting it to keep it organized and focused.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 06:32:12 PM »

Flesh this argument out for us, if you would.

Sorry, I forgot about this. What it comes down to, basically, is the cult of legalism that North Carolina Yankee fostered. It's not a surprise that public completely lost interest in the Senate during his long stranglehold over it; compare his time as PPT to Verily's, when the Senate was vibrant and interest was high. Yankee's response to this thread is again telling; he blames my failure to cast a vote concerning a constitutional amendment, as if the structure of the game is all that mattered.

Your obsession with my time as PPT and contrasting me with Verily never ends does it. In 2013 you were litterally resorting to outright fabrications and lies to promote the notion that I had destroyed the Senate.

I inherited a crappy set of rules from the beginning and for most of the time there was not any desire to do the kind of massive overhaul that occured last year. I did my best to improve where I could. However, I was not going wholesale ignore them as so many had done for expediancy, because (shocker) I wanted to maintain a system that protected everyone's shot at the floor so that interest by the minority members and independents wouldn't be lost, and expediancy could later on be used to silence dissent and opposing Senators from getting legislation on the floor. That "unnecessary legalism" preserved interest in the Senate.

But that didn't matter all that mattered was the boneheaded crusade to undermine me, even resorting outright lying, in the hopes of electing TNF as PPT, someone who litterally caused people to threaten to resign if he ever took over. Last year we got to see just what a disaster that was. If that is what you meant by vibrance and high interest, I think most people will take a pass. I might not have been the best, but I remained active and did a rather good job for a hell of a long period of time, freeing others from such a boring and tedius job so they could focus on more sexy endeavors. I am such a fing evil crook. Roll Eyes

Late 2010, mid to late 2011, Late 2012/early 2013 and early 2014 had great and active Senates. You seriously are going to go all the way back to 2008 to a Senate practically nobody was even here for to hold up as a shining example of how it is done and say that everyone who has run the Senate since like Happy Warrior, Jedi, Marokai, Franzl, Bacon King, bgwah, Lumine, bore, Windjammer, Talleyrand and Blair all sucked? And they call me the out of touch dinosaur. Roll Eyes
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 07:06:40 PM »

Legislation Passed:
Verily's Senate's
Twenty-First (Nov 2007-January 2008)
Twenty-Second (Jan 2008-Mar 2008)
Twenty-Third (Mar 2008-May 2008)
Twenty-Fourth (May 2008-July 2008)

My last Stint as PPT (Mar 2012 - July 2014)Sad
Forty-Eigth - 7 (I took over halfway through)
Forty-ninth - 9
Fiftieth - 6
Fifty-first - 6
Fifty-second - 12 (shouldn't it get lower over time if I ruined the joint?)
fifty-Third - 14 (Oh now hide the decline increase)
Fifty-four - 13
Fifty-five- 12
fifty-Sixth - 14
Fifty-Seventh - 16 (and this was in spite of certain Senator having been elected to do nothing)
Fifty-Eighth - 16 (likewise)
Fifty-Ninth - 23 (Record I think) January 2014 - March 2014 (Era of Good Feelings)
Sixtieth - 11
Sixty-First - 15
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 07:10:06 PM »

Also that last one should be 16 because the Wiki doesn't include the Healthcare law in the statute's page.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 07:46:22 PM »

That proves the point, doesn't it? When you're criticized for obsessive legalism your recourse is to point at laws, ignoring that that was never the issue.

I thought you were referring to procedural criticism, now you say it is policy? The Senate's job is to debate and pass laws. A lot of those bills had a lot of debate, especially in the Era of Good Feelings. There was passionate disgreement, a lot of close votes and in spite of that even divide in the Senate, we got a lot done.

Precisely how the hell much interest could a Senate have if it only passed one bill? Roll Eyes
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2015, 02:05:06 AM »

By what measure? Also, he was the PPT, not the PM--it's not like he had dictatorial power. I don't know if he even had a right-wing majority at any point, so your assertion that he had a "stranglehold" over the Senate is a hard sell.

The only conservative majorities in the Senate over that time period where in early 2012 and the last 6 of Duke's eight months. So we are talking like 12 months spread out across three years.

For one thing PPT was not a partisan office. People trusted me to get the job done, and respected my independence in running the position. I united a very diverse coalition of support that ranged from Tmth to Kalwejt. In 2012 it was always a multi-party coalition that voted me in and rarely was I even opposed. I was a member of a single seat regional party, the Imperial Bloc and the Whigs had at most two seats during that period. The Liberals never attained a majority and their leader Napoleon never really moved to try and get me removed. In my earlier stints during the RPP-JCP era, that was different (I have held the post four seperate times), since bgwah wanted it. Also Nappy hated the RPP, which in hindsight makes a hell of lot more sense considering who he was all along.

Once Labor became the main opposition though in 2013, they lusted after the position and desired to transform it to a partisan operation as well as elect TNF to the post. It was former Liberals like sbane (who joined the Feds), Napoleon and then VP DemPGH that kept me as PPT. Napoleon's vote especially became crucial once sbane was replaced by a Laborite (who also turned out to be a sock ironically), which left Labor with five Senators and Xahar as a sixth. That December reduced the left to five seats and gave the right five (4 Feds and 1 DR), which held through October 2014.  Once Labor gained the Administrative branch that July, VP Windjammer tried to arrange a power sharing agreement and there was a court case over the vote count, which lasted a month. Before it ended, I had to concede the position because of real life problems.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies