2016 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls **live commentary thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:21:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  2016 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls **live commentary thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls **live commentary thread**  (Read 25261 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 08, 2016, 06:03:49 PM »

From MSNBC:

blacks:
Clinton 87%
Trump 8%
other 5%

latinos:
Clinton 65%
Trump 27%
other 8%

I'm gonna go ahead and bet that Latino number is off by 5 points at least.

Agreed on the topline Latino numbers....  primary language responsiveness gap....
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 06:15:36 PM »

Just noticed that the Bath County vote is split ticketing bigly between presidential race and KY-SEN

Congrats on your first post!

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 07:52:00 PM »

Who knew that Ohio would vote to the right of Texas?

I suspected that might be the case for awhile, but shifted my predictions when polling numbers started to tighten in Ohio, and Texas started to move out of reach.

Still proud of Harris (+12.4% Clinton) and Fort Bend (+6.7% Clinton) Counties for building the foundation of a new competitive Texas in 2020. Although, I faced some heat on the forum for claiming that Harris would be +10-15% (D) this cycle and Fort Bend would flip (Look at the Asian-American TX exit poll numbers), I take no joy, and college educated Anglos appears to be the critical element in the Trump TX electoral coalition that brought Montgomery County (Suburban Houston) as well as Collins and Denton (DFW) and Williamson (Austin area) back into the 7-9% Republican fold, as opposed to a 3-4% Republican win with the Texas endgame.

Am still disappointed in my former home-state of Ohio, especially the collapse of the New Deal Democratic coalition in the Mahoning Valley, that fought and died to bring the Union into the Steel Mills, Rubber Plants, and Industrial Unionism to the region in the 1930s, that bought into the concept that Trump will somehow miraculously be able to bring decent manufacturing jobs back, where so many other Presidents have tried and failed. Sad
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies