Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 01:10:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update) (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 133609 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2014, 12:43:36 PM »

I'm not really angry at Bushie for insinuating I and my family are all mentally ill. He was conditioned to think that way and he doesn't dare stray from how he was raised.

And I dod mean more of a psychologist, that's what I saw during my parents divorce. He didn't give me any medicine, but did talk to me about things for at least 30 minutes to an hour a session.

Psychologist = chat.

Psychiatrist = pills.

Psychologists also do a lot of the official testing and diagnosing that psychiatrists will use to treat with pills. It's an odd arrangement where one person diagnoses and another treats, but that's often how it is. When I was in college and trying to get on Adderall the psychiatrists in the mental health office wouldn't see me at all until I had jumped through a million hoops with the psychologists, who were all the way across campus in the student counseling office.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2014, 05:17:22 PM »
« Edited: October 11, 2014, 05:24:44 PM by memphis »

ADHD is absolutely not a learning disability. That would be more along the lines of dyslexia. Read the first sentence of the wikipedia article if you don't believe me. A general doc may prescribe meds as well, but most are schedule II, which is as tightly regulated as drugs can be and still be legally prescribed. Many docs will be extremely leery of writing the script, when that's not really their field, and the diagnosis is more art than science.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2014, 05:38:55 PM »

bushie any exercise in the plans this weekend?  any autocad?

Probably no exercise this weekend and I'm still not around my autocad to go over it.  That'll have to wait until Monday.
Just curious, have you ever watched so much tv that you've given yourself a bedsore? Do you make sure to turn every few hours? Will you promise to get up every now and then to prevent a grade 8 headache?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2014, 08:24:31 AM »

He said JJ had a boy personality. Sounds like JJ/Blondie is a trans, which would explain all the confusion.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2014, 06:34:24 PM »

Is Nancy a trans or a cis female dog?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2014, 07:06:41 PM »

Sassy, allcaps Bushie is the best Bushie!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2014, 03:33:16 AM »

I went back and reread the Inks v Bushie severe weather pages. Awesomeness.
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=173181.725
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2014, 09:32:20 AM »

Bushie, do you miss the food Mama Bushie would cook when you lived at home? I haven't heard about the enchilada casserole in so long! RIP enchilada casserole.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2014, 10:56:31 AM »

What pharmacy do you use? As frequently as you have mishaps, it would probably be worthwhile to patronize one of the national chains like Walgreens or CVS. Unless the prescription is a controlled substance, they can get your meds taken care of without driving all the way back across Oklahoma.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2014, 12:17:29 PM »

I love how helpless Bushie is. Why can't you get some sent to a pharmacy in Tulsa?

Wasn't the reason they drove to Tulsa because his pharmacy was in Tulsa? Now his pharmacy is in OKC?
I think he's saying that his meds, which have already been dispensed, are at his parents' trailer in (actually about 20 miles outside) OKC.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2014, 12:42:26 PM »

I love how helpless Bushie is. Why can't you get some sent to a pharmacy in Tulsa?

Wasn't the reason they drove to Tulsa because his pharmacy was in Tulsa? Now his pharmacy is in OKC?
I think he's saying that his meds, which have already been dispensed, are at his parents' trailer in (actually about 20 miles outside) OKC.

But he gets free drugs from IHS coverage, so he should be able to get the pharmacy to dispense more.
I doubt very much they allow him an unlimited supply.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2014, 03:47:31 PM »

Or he could just walk in to Backwoods Baptist Church and watch the tithe money pour in. I still think Pentecostal style is a better fit for a man with Tourette's and would also give him disguised exercise, but I'm not going to try to convert him. Look how much fun these people are having while they burn calories:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BOFYmcHEIc
Bushie, would you be willing to attend a church service like this?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2014, 08:36:54 PM »

Bushie, would you be willing to try attending a Pentecostal church?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2014, 10:14:55 PM »

Bushie, would you be willing to try attending a Pentecostal church?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2014, 10:18:31 PM »

Why is that? Do you not approve of them?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2014, 10:27:00 PM »

Can you elaborate? What, specifically, do you disagree with?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #116 on: October 14, 2014, 07:24:42 AM »

What a horrific interpretation of Mark 14. The story was about how the perfume had no intrinsic value and how material life is fleeting not "God rewards those who submit to him the most."

I'm guessing all of your Bible Studies end with the story of the day being interpreted as "submit to him more and he will reward you."

That actually is quite frightening.

Has no one been listening to what Bushie has said about his church... they're actual literalists. There's no space for interpretation, no space let alone toleration for freedom of thought.

Even literally, I don't see how you get that out of Mark 14. It's really kind of strange. "Submit more to God and God will take care of you" is usually what Bushie says, but that's coincidentally the lesson today? From Mark 14?

Bushie what did you learn in your previous Bible Study before this? Do you remember?

This is what they believe already... so they're scrambling to justify their views.
Which is exactly what all religions do. God and the Bible have supported war, conquest, slavery, etc. Everybody takes what they want.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #117 on: October 14, 2014, 11:08:05 AM »

This is another one of those deals where they spend all day Friday driving, have one day in ABQ on Saturday, but can't really enjoy it because they get up at 4 in the morning on Sunday to go back?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #118 on: October 14, 2014, 05:59:04 PM »

Do your parents know how much television you watch?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #119 on: October 14, 2014, 07:15:46 PM »

That's the nice thing about pizza delivery. You sit in your car and drive all day. I don't know why you won't consider it. The pay is comparable to all these pipedream CAD jobs that you'll never hold anyway.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2014, 09:10:53 PM »

That's the nice thing about pizza delivery. You sit in your car and drive all day. I don't know why you won't consider it. The pay is comparable to all these pipedream CAD jobs that you'll never hold anyway.

He doesn't really seem to like driving though (especially if it's raining or whatever).
Really? He's always making unnecessary and lengthy trips. I remember when he thought he was going to be moving to Fort Worth and he was planning (with no job lined up) to start making biweekly trips down there just to get a feel for neighborhoods and see where things are located. I think he enjoys driving very much. I don't have the stats handy, but I don't think it snows all that much in Oklahoma.  In any case, it won't be snowing for at least a few months, and he could be earning money in the meantime. It doesn't have to be forever.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #121 on: October 15, 2014, 09:33:59 PM »

Smash lives on Long Island.  His mind is just boggling that people pay such cheap rent.  Perhaps $300/month is a bit low, but you could, say, find a perfectly adequate 1br in Tulsa for $500/month, and probably even cheaper if you felt like clicking around some more.
I'd argue against trying to discern what is perfectly adequate from a craiglist ad, especially in a city with which (I presume) you are not familiar. Super low rent apartments anywhere are going to have some serious safety issues. $300/mo is guaranteed to be New Jack City. I'm sure somebody somewhere knows the exception to the rule, but, by and large, people making very low wages don't get to live solo. Still, a respectable 3 br can be had in low cost Middle America for $1000/mo, which yields the same result. And then, of course, all the bills get to be split as well. Other than living with the parents forever, it's really the only option for someone like Bushie. Also, the prideful "I won't take less than $11/hour" attitude is exactly why Bushie will never hold a job more than few weeks ever.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #122 on: October 15, 2014, 09:42:36 PM »

J-Mann, I prefer not to disclose my finances in any more detail.  Don't even ask privately.
Cannot even imagine the clusterInks at this point.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #123 on: October 15, 2014, 10:06:44 PM »

J-Mann, I prefer not to disclose my finances in any more detail.  Don't even ask privately.

Fine then! I'd tell you mine if you asked Tongue

I would recommend that you outline your necessary monthly spending (key word: necessary) and use that to determine the kind of wage you need, rather than picking an arbitrary number that you don't want to dip below. Maybe you already have.

It strikes me that a lot of people take on two or more jobs in order to make ends meet, and that's a possibility that you (and, to be fair, any of us) never consider. It's not like you don't have the free time to do a part-time shift of something on top of a normal, 40-hour work week.

And you may be considering pizza delivery a joke option, but while you're looking to get back on your feet, why not? You'd earn tips.
FWIW, I very much am not joking about the pizza thing. As I mentioned previously, I've done it. Except for the lack of prestige, it's a super sweet job. Waiting tables (which I've also done) is so much harder. On your feet all day, dealing with people and their food and their problems for an extended period of time. With pizza, the pay is comparable, but it's "Here's your pizza, give me your money, have a nice day." and boom you're done and back in the car. Seriously. Most fun job ever, and you should have no trouble clearing the $11/hour floor you set. Just don't work a store in a bad neighborhood. That part is very important.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #124 on: October 16, 2014, 09:18:09 AM »

Considering he eats three meals without fail and likely also snacks/dessert, and drinks soda instead of water, it wouldn't surprise me if Bushie's food bill was $750-1000 monthly.
Which reminds me of the following quote. Just replace references to obesity with the high food spending.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies