Netanyahu: Hitler didn't want to kill the Jews, Palestinian talked him into it
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 09:09:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Netanyahu: Hitler didn't want to kill the Jews, Palestinian talked him into it
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Netanyahu: Hitler didn't want to kill the Jews, Palestinian talked him into it  (Read 10520 times)
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2015, 04:59:33 PM »
« edited: October 22, 2015, 01:00:18 AM by bagelman »

"Hitler wasn't that bad"
-Prime Minister of Israel

We cannot support Israel as long as it is lead by an evil insane maniac.

(Edit: This was a bit of a knee jerk reaction, but I stand by this guy being an evil insane maniac)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2015, 05:02:35 PM »

Also this is almost too much of a cheap shot, but uh where's dead0man?  The silence is... well, you know.
Oddly enough I was tying this up!

You guys were oddly quiet in the thread about Abbas lying that lead to, you know, people dying, holy sites burning.  Bibi says something stupid, nobody riots, nobody gets all stabby stabby, but it gets one hot thread!

<shakes head>

I believe the playbook says for you to insult me and perhaps theorize that my opinion is paid for by some do Joos.  And no Ag, I'm still not Jewish.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2015, 05:03:31 PM »

And if you can point to a post where I've defended something stupid Bibi said I'll be very impressed.  Good luck.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2015, 05:04:39 PM »

Overall do you think Bibi is a good PM or good for Israel?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2015, 05:05:33 PM »

meh, I don't know.  As I've said before, I don't really follow the internal politics of foreign countries.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2015, 05:31:34 PM »

Bibi says something stupid, nobody riots, nobody gets all stabby stabby, but it gets one hot thread!

I'd like to see you be so nonchalant the next time someone who doesn't toe the Likud line "says something stupid".

I believe the playbook says for you to insult me and perhaps theorize that my opinion is paid for by some do Joos.  And no Ag, I'm still not Jewish.

Just because you believe something don't make it true.  (And, no, citing Snowstalker won't work.  I think I speak for all sane people when I say you're both wrong.)

meh, I don't know.  As I've said before, I don't really follow the internal politics of foreign countries.

Sure ok that's believable.  Nevermind that being good for Israel requires more than just domestic affairs, of course.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2015, 05:32:09 PM »

And that's why I rabidly oppose Netanyahu.

He has no issues endangering Jews all around the world and twisting the truth for short term local political gain.

Jews around the world deserves better than be used as pawns by Netanyahu.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2015, 05:38:42 PM »

I saw a headline reading "Netanyahu criticised for Holocaust remark" and wondered just exactly what kind of comment a Jew would have to make about the Holocaust to receive condemnation for it. Now I see. He essentially trivialises Nazi responsibility for the Holocaust to make an absurd political point blaming Palestinians. It simply defies comprehension.

It is, indeed, abundantly clear that Netanyahu presents a clear and serious threat to the well-being of the State of Israel.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2015, 05:41:33 PM »

I think it's fair to say at this point that, if one cares about the welfare of the Jewish people and/or the safety and acceptance they enjoy as residents of the State of Israel (as I, let us be perfectly clear, do), then one is basically obligated to oppose Netanyahu and, indeed, the entire right-nationalist strain which keeps him in power.

(As I, once again, do.)

Also this is almost too much of a cheap shot, but uh where's dead0man?  The silence is... well, you know.

Not really. Given that UNESCO just declared two of the most iconic Jewish heritage sites "Muslim sites", the right still seems to be essential. It's time for Bibi to ride off into the sunset and let someone else carry that banner, though - he's more of a handicap at this point for a dominant movement.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2015, 06:10:17 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/legacy-of-the-mufti-and-hitler-the-facts-that-are-known/

then again a former SS officer and witness for the prosecution who was himself looking to escape the noose (he didn't succeed) is perhaps not be the most reliable source.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2015, 06:17:33 PM »

No wonder Netanyahu is so popular among Republicans. He'd be right at home as a Fox News commentator.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2015, 06:22:46 PM »

I think it's fair to say at this point that, if one cares about the welfare of the Jewish people and/or the safety and acceptance they enjoy as residents of the State of Israel (as I, let us be perfectly clear, do), then one is basically obligated to oppose Netanyahu and, indeed, the entire right-nationalist strain which keeps him in power.

(As I, once again, do.)

Not really. Given that UNESCO just declared two of the most iconic Jewish heritage sites "Muslim sites", the right still seems to be essential. It's time for Bibi to ride off into the sunset and let someone else carry that banner, though - he's more of a handicap at this point for a dominant movement.
No they didn't. Learn to read.
danny
Israel

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2015, 06:27:18 PM »

What Bibi said was silly and was done in a bad way, but people here are making ridiculous exaggerations about what he said ("Bibi defends Hitler!!!").
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2015, 06:59:42 PM »

So interesting to see that all of Israel's haters suddenly care so much about Israel that they feel the necessity to say that Netanyahu is representing the state badly, knowing what's good for Israel and for Jews all over the world. Almost heartwarming... Smiley if it weren't for the fact that it's utterly insincere, for most of these people would rather see Israel disappear altogether, which would, of course, make Jews all over the world sooo much safer... Roll Eyes

Bibi's statement was kinda dumb, surprisingly almost, and I'm not going to defend that, but as Danny said, it isn't even remotely as dumb as the media and some Atlasians are spinning it.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2015, 07:02:48 PM »

So interesting to see that all of Israel's haters suddenly care so much about Israel that they feel the necessity to say that Netanyahu is representing the state badly, knowing what's good for Israel and for Jews all over the world. Almost heartwarming... Smiley if it weren't for the fact that it's utterly insincere, for most of these people would rather see Israel disappear altogether, which would, of course, make Jews all over the world sooo much safer... Roll Eyes

Bibi's statement was kinda dumb, surprisingly almost, and I'm not going to defend that, but as Danny said, it isn't even remotely as dumb as the media and some Atlasians are spinning it.

Because Simfan and MasalpinaGold are totally "Israel haters".
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2015, 07:11:40 PM »

For pro-Israel right-wingers, anyone who is critical of the rising nationalist, Likudnik/Jewish Home attitude is "anti-Israel".

Because Simfan and MasalpinaGold are totally "Israel haters".
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2015, 07:15:22 PM »

I for one actually agree with most of the points that you've been making in the thread about the Theroux documentary. Make of that what you will.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2015, 07:22:40 PM »

Except that his statement isn't dumb. It's hateful, incendiary and totally deranged.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2015, 08:19:34 PM »

I for one actually agree with most of the points that you've been making in the thread about the Theroux documentary. Make of that what you will.
Thanks, good to hear Smiley My post was not aimed at Simfan, Malaspina, or you.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2015, 10:18:35 PM »

Protocols of the muftis of Islam.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2015, 11:12:25 PM »

Thanks, good to hear Smiley My post was not aimed at Simfan, Malaspina, or you.
There are like 5 Israel- or Jew-haters in the whole forum that aren't trolls
Being opposed to the Likud's or Bibi's policies isn't the same as being an Israel- or Jew hater
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2015, 12:13:35 AM »

Then you probably shouldn't blindly defend every single action of his government, which is basically what you do. In fact there's even been times when after learning the actual facts you admit that Israel WAS wrong but only after attempting a blind defense before knowing the facts of the case, which is pretty absurd. I recall this happening once when I was attacking Israel's utterly repulsive marriage laws for example.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2015, 12:44:10 AM »

Perhaps I knee jerk a bit from time to time, but it's not like the anti-Zionists are any better.  The difference is, most of you would never admit it.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2015, 02:05:10 AM »

In one way, I should be surprised that Bibi would say this, and in another I shouldn't. Bibi ought to have known better, but it is human nature to lay all sorts of ills upon one's current adversaries. Unlike 75 years ago, the Arabs and not the Nazis are the main adversary Jews face today.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2015, 10:30:40 AM »

Perhaps I knee jerk a bit from time to time, but it's not like the anti-Zionists are any better.  The difference is, most of you would never admit it.

"a bit". LOL.

and the fact you seem to be referring to me in that is proof you rarely read into it much, since I'm not even particularly anti-Israel, just anti-Netanyahu and Likud.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies