Man captures SC police officer shoot man in back, plant tazer gun (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 08:05:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Man captures SC police officer shoot man in back, plant tazer gun (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Man captures SC police officer shoot man in back, plant tazer gun  (Read 9278 times)
AggregateDemand
United States

« on: April 07, 2015, 09:53:42 PM »
« edited: April 07, 2015, 11:42:27 PM by AggregateDemand »

I can't believe that was edited.

He was allegedly struggling for his life because he presumed imminent jail time due to back child support. Did no one read the article?
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 11:13:39 PM »

I can't believe you're trying to deflect the subject away from executing a fleeing unarmed person and then planting evidence in an attempt to justify the crime.  Regardless of the reason the victim chose to flee, the ex-police office has no excuse for the crime he committed.  Based on that video, then unless the coroner rules the victim was already dead, I hope he gets the death penalty.  His failure to offer any medical assistance is clear and convincing evidence to me of a depraved indifference to the value of human life.

Your attempt to blame the victim was quite a disgrace.

I said Mr. Scott was abused by an unjust system and killed when he fought against it. I lamented the ease with which society will blame the cop and ignore their own culpability. Read my posts and the articles associated with them.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 01:26:39 PM »
« Edited: April 08, 2015, 01:34:04 PM by AggregateDemand »

If this is what you said, that is true.  You have a way with words however and no doubt it came out sideways and smelling like steaming broccoli.  

My posts are hyperbolic and condescending. Neither characteristic should impair the accuracy of inferences drawn about who is culpable.

The post was deleted because most people didn't read the article, and they didn't know that back child support and the welfare complex were important aspects of the tragedy. After the fact, their libelous posts are still in plain sight, which tells you everything.

Furthermore, I feel that both the deceased and the policeman are victims. The deceased was abused by an unjust system and killed by an law enforcement agent. The police officer was taught to use lethal force for community safety, only to discover that the government had identified a non-violent citizen with an outstanding child support balance as a menace to society, which caused the unprovoked attack on the policeman.

The entire situation is completely unacceptable, yet the people who caused the mess will not be on trial. They will be sitting on the bench or going for a swim on a lazy summer day. I am Jack's complete lack of amusement.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 03:24:21 PM »

There are some hardcore conservatives that even after watching the video think the shooting was justified under the pretext that he was a suspected criminal fleeing the scene, which is of course both ludicrous and legal nonsense. Of course, this is a very small minority of conservatives and most are pretty much as disgusted as the rest of the sane population.

Scott believed he was a criminal, allegedly. The criminal justice system and society ordained this senseless tragedy long before they flip-flopped and tried to pin it on a bad cop.

Virtually no one believes this man was a dangerous criminal in need of jail time. The government disagreed. Who is the problem? The fate of the cop will be decided by the jury. The court of public opinion should be addressing more substantial issues.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 07:38:28 AM »

Since moderating police interaction with the public is nearly impossible, you'd think the public would be hesitant to implement clumsy laws that increase contact between law enforcement and the public.

But you'd be wrong. They'd rather put cameras on cops so prosecutors can end the conflict by achieving absolute victory. How many times have police dash cams been used against cops? How many times against the public?

Sheeple gon' sheep.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 09:24:36 AM »

he got pulled over for 3rd brakelight failure? Seriously.

Has any white person in america ever been pulled over for third brakelight failure?

Cops are armed revenue officers these days. If someone has money they get pulled over, and they get ticketed if they don't pay the officer's salary (non local).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies