What is your favorite forum meme? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 05:13:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What is your favorite forum meme? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Of the options below, vote for your favorite forum meme and post about it.
"Dominating"

"In before [insert cliche here]"

">[blah blah blah]"

Declaring that something is overhyped based on the level of discussion it gets here on this forum.

Other. (please explain below)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: What is your favorite forum meme?  (Read 6585 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: May 05, 2014, 09:03:08 AM »

Poors/dumbs/olds/religiouses/etc.

And as much as I hate the Update, I find "brief relaxations" mildly amusing.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 09:27:40 AM »

Surprised that no-one has mentioned "Moderate Hero", one of the few terms that are Exclusively Atlas, and actually a pretty good one (if overused).

Who invented "Moderate Hero", anyway?

Tweed.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 10:27:29 AM »

Another good one:

PPP Ohio numbers: 48 Obama, 46 Romney
My numbers: 50 Romney, 46 Obama

And, "Too many Democrats sampled."

Sadly short lived ones, alas.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 10:23:26 PM »

As the one who coined this phrase, unfortunately, lest any be misled, permit me to set the record straight, and to clear up any misconceptions.

In the 2010 elections, Republican Tom Corbett was elected Governor of Pennsylvania and Republican Pat Toomey was elected U.S. Senator from Pennsylvania.  Keystone Phil is known on this forum as being a very strong advocate, defender, and supporter of Republican candidates in Pennsylvania.

Knowing that Keystone Phil was a big supporter of these two candidates, and of the Republican party in Pennsylvania, I simply posted

Congratulations Keystone Phil on the election of Tom Corbett and Pat Toomey

or words to that effect.

Now, surely, anyone who can read should know that congratulations are given to people for various reasons, birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, and, on a forum like this, about elections and politics, congratulations can be given to someone where they or their candidates win.

However, for some strange, unfathomable reason, forum posters picked up on this and turned it into something ridiculous.  One of the posters asked Keystone Phil what he thought, and he said he thought it was "interesting," never even having the common courtesy of thanking me for congratulating him.

In 2012, being a well known supporter of Mitt Romney on this forum, if anyone on this forum would have congratulated me for Romney winning the Republican Presidential nomination, the first thing I would have done would have been to thank them for their congratulations.

Anyway, after all the stupid postings flying around this forum in this matter, I withdrew my congratulations to Keystone Phil, who obviously did not appreciate the congratulations anyway, and I gave the congratulations directly to Corbett and Toomey.

Try to be nice to someone, and where does it get you?

Anyway, these are the facts, plain and simple.

On behalf of the entire Atlas Forum, I apologize to you for our lack of acknowledgement and appreciation.

As a token of our sincerity, I henceforth coin a new meme: "Congratulations, Winfield!"  I will now proceed to bump each and every thread reporting a Romney primary state win, a Romney lead in a state/national poll, or otherwise any thread containing positive news updates on Mitt Romney, and use the phrase appropriately.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies