Do strip clubs help economic growth? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 06:56:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Do strip clubs help economic growth? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do strip clubs help economic growth?  (Read 3424 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: March 01, 2006, 01:16:33 AM »

Do strip clubs help economic growth?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 03:09:24 PM »

The red light district in Minneapolis brings lot and lots of money to the city, and hiring more cops to patrol it just creates more jobs. No one except intolerant prudes (very rare in Minneapolis) would argue that the red light district is a bad thing.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 11:25:15 PM »

The red light district in Minneapolis brings lot and lots of money to the city, and hiring more cops to patrol it just creates more jobs. No one except intolerant prudes (very rare in Minneapolis) would argue that the red light district is a bad thing.

Is it safe to walk out at night in the red light district there? Or, more to the point, hows the crime rate in the red light district as compared to other areas of the city?

The red light district itself is actually pretty safe since it's very well lit and heavily patrolled by police. I walk there during night all the time and have never had any trouble, the only thing associated with crime at all was some guy begging me for a few bucks so he could visit one of the pizza parlors in the area (I gave him $2).

The neighborhoods in the area surrounding it on the other hand are fairly high crime. However the area has always been high crime, and Minneapolis zoned the red light district (which they call the "adult entertainment area") into that part of the city for exactly that reason.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 11:51:31 PM »

Ah, but the strip club as you said employs people who would otherwise be unemployed, plus it results in soda and/or beer sales. Plus it keeps single mothers and drug addicts off the welfare rolls, something conservatives should be for.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies