AZ-Senate-2010-Rasmussen: Napolitano (D) and McCain (R) even (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:01:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-Senate-2010-Rasmussen: Napolitano (D) and McCain (R) even (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ-Senate-2010-Rasmussen: Napolitano (D) and McCain (R) even  (Read 2025 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 11, 2007, 03:21:37 PM »

Do people think McCain would run for Senate again in 2010 with the Republicans in the deep minority? Does he want to serve until death?

Minority and majority matters little in the Senate.  Or, at least, much less than it does in the House.

And besides, "deep minority"?  Democrats will really have to scramble this cycle to get to the same 55-45 Republicans had a decade ago.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 07:20:30 PM »

Well, let me rephrase then, since some of you bring up some good points—I believe that Democrats are really going to have to work to do better than 55-45, since Landrieu still needs to be defended and a lot of the "other" seats are hard sells.  (I mean, picking up Nebraska?  Really?)
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 08:59:37 AM »

Well, let me rephrase then, since some of you bring up some good points—I believe that Democrats are really going to have to work to do better than 55-45, since Landrieu still needs to be defended and a lot of the "other" seats are hard sells.  (I mean, picking up Nebraska?  Really?)

Nebraska isn't as much of a longshot as you might think given the correct candidate (Kerrey).  Its still too far out to really call any of these races anyways.

There is little doubt in my mind that Kerrey:
(1) Would get absolutely thumped by Johanns.
(2) Isn't going to run, mainly because of (1).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies