MI: Levin Will Run for Another Term (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:14:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MI: Levin Will Run for Another Term (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI: Levin Will Run for Another Term  (Read 2894 times)
Deano963

« on: December 04, 2006, 08:42:59 PM »
« edited: December 04, 2006, 08:46:04 PM by Deano963 »

Not at all surprising. He might have retired had the Dems failed to win back the Senate, but now he is the Chairman of the Armed Services Committee. He's not going to leave now that he has that. He is reelected easily with the usual stipulation that he does not have any corruption scandal or a "macaca" moment.

I also just thought I would throw it out there that Debbie Stabenow was just reelected. The current year is 2006. Senators serve 6 year terms. Therefore, I believe she is not up for reelection until 2012, unless my math is somehow off.

Just thought I would throw that out there in case anyone is confused.
Deano963

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 08:52:04 PM »

jamespol, didn't I ask you nicely to teach your friend how to spell?
Deano963

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 06:49:00 PM »

Too bad Goldie's not around to tell us the Republicans still have a chance at beating Levin.

They could always try to run Devos again. Smiley

He was almost as bad of a candidate as Mark Kennedy.

I think it is so frickin hilarious that Devos spent about $40 million of his own money and still lost.
Deano963

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 05:39:46 PM »

Engler, a native Texan, has ties to President Bush as well.  In 2001, Michelle was appointed by President George W. Bush to serve as a member of the Federal Home Mortgage Corporation (Freddie Mac). She was re-appointed to this position in 2002.

Yeh, she's gonna do just great in a federal election in Michigan....running against the Armed Services Committee Chairman, no less.
Deano963

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 08:21:21 PM »

Too bad Goldie's not around to tell us the Republicans still have a chance at beating Levin.

obviously the people in michigan dont mind having an economy that is stuck in the toilet.  why else would they keep re-electing the same awful people?

Your ignorance regarding the reasons behind Michigan's terrible economy is all too common. To make it short for you, the blame lies at the federal level, if anywhere, not witht the local politicians. When your economy is hugely based upon auto-manufacturing, deals like NAFTA and CAFTA which allow companies to pay someone in Mexico 50 cents/hr as opposed to $30/hr in Michigan do a lot of harm.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies