VOTE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:21:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  VOTE
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: VOTE  (Read 19581 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2003, 01:15:28 AM »

I missed 1996 by 2 months myself.
Ryan
ryanmasc

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2003, 04:14:01 PM »

From recent article I have read, it is estimated that if 100% of registered voters vote in the 2004 election, President Bush will be CRUSHED with no pity. But sadly, it appears that it is the majority of liberals who think to themselves, "I'm staying home this Tuesday, my vote doesn't matter anyway." This should make many of you Republicans jump from your seats in joy.

By no chance certain. If look at the groups that have the lowest voter turnout U have both democrat and republican tending groups. U have minorities who would presumable be heavily democrat and you have young working professionals who are most likely to vote GOP on economic issues. Religious conservatives are another example of a group that has a relatively low turnout and we all know how they would vote. Of course this is an issue we can discuss till eternity but I dont a reasonable person can happily conclude exactly what happens if there were to be 100 % voter turnout.
Demrepdan

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2003, 05:51:51 PM »
« Edited: December 11, 2003, 05:53:21 PM by Demrepdan »

By the way, in that SAME article I read in Time magazine, by majority, people who have had SOME college education will not vote for Bush in 2004. The majority of people who have a college degree will not vote for Bush in 2004. The majority of people who have higher education BEYOND a bachelors degree will not vote for Bush in 2004. The majority of people who have a high school diploma or LESS will vote for Bush in 2004.

I didn't make this up.
Demrepdan

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2003, 07:01:36 PM »

In my previous post I wasn't trying to say that Republicans are stupid, just to let you know. Because a dozen of you Republicans will probably respond to that post saying, "Hey! I'm not stupid! Democrats are!"

But those are the statistical results from Time magazine.

To make you Republicans feel better, in the national I.Q. test given by MENSA through the Fox Channel (not Fox news, but the Fox channel), Democrats have an average IQ of 113. And Republicans have an average IQ of....yup....113.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2003, 07:05:17 PM »

In my previous post I wasn't trying to say that Republicans are stupid, just to let you know. Because a dozen of you Republicans will probably respond to that post saying, "Hey! I'm not stupid! Democrats are!"

But those are the statistical results from Time magazine.

To make you Republicans feel better, in the national I.Q. test given by MENSA through the Fox Channel (not Fox news, but the Fox channel), Democrats have an average IQ of 113. And Republicans have an average IQ of....yup....113.

And I'm sure that most Green Party members have an IQ of either 80 or 180. lol just kidding
Ryan
ryanmasc

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2003, 04:19:13 PM »

Of course I'm going to vote and encourage as many of my friends to as well.  But I do live in one of the least competative states around, so my vote really doesn't count.  Anyway, here's my very short record (turned 18 in August 2002)...

Governor -Jerry Brady (D) lost
Senator- Alan Blinken (D) lost
Representative- Betty Richardson (D) lost

City Council- Mark Arneson (D) lost

As you can see I'm not very good at picking winners.  

Now U see there may be a reason for that. I can suggest a sure way for you to pick all the winners next election Grin
Ryan
ryanmasc

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2003, 04:20:43 PM »

Of course I'm going to vote and encourage as many of my friends to as well.  But I do live in one of the least competative states around, so my vote really doesn't count.  
Your vote always counts....

Absolutely, remember you healped give Al Gore some saving grace in 2000 Cheesy
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2003, 04:32:28 PM »

I voted for Gore in 2000 (I just missed being able to vote in 1996 by 2 months).
In 2002, I voted for Jennifer Granholm for Governor, Carl Levin for the U.S. Senate, and John Dingell for the U.S. House, although I voted for Lynn Rivers in the incumbent vs. incumbent primary. I've since moved from the 15th district to the 1st district. All Dems, and all won (except Rivers in the primary)
Im guessing you are from the detrioit area. I voted for granholm too and levin
Mr. Bison
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2013, 03:11:07 PM »

Wat Up Everyone & This Topic Is Smelly
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2021, 12:36:07 PM »

I'll be voting for Bush in 2004.

I'll also be voting Republican in every other race for my state, which is (just like the rest of the south--thankfully) turning more and more Republican every day.

How come you have changed from being a very Republican partisan to being a very Democratic one?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies