"Cromnibus" Spending Bill - Shutdown Averted! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 08:15:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  "Cromnibus" Spending Bill - Shutdown Averted! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Cromnibus" Spending Bill - Shutdown Averted!  (Read 7925 times)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« on: December 13, 2014, 11:24:38 AM »

I find this entire debacle nothing short of bizarre. The idea that Democrats had no choice but to support this - for the sake of moderation, bipartisanship, pragmatism, or whatever - is, in fact, more heavily political than the argument that ought to have opposed it.

Raising campaign contribution limits, partial repeal of Dodd-Frank, even overruling DC's legalization of marijuana - these are policies that are unpopular even among many Republican-leaning sections the general public. It reminds me of nothing so much as the persistent, ridiculous argument that Democrats would be doomed if they didn't adopt Bowles-Simpson as the foundation of their federal agenda.

I'm kind of amazed Obama wants to sign it honestly. Man, if this is what compromise looks like, I sure want more Tongue Of course it didn't defund ObamaCare or the immigration executive order, but either of those two things would be a break from the status quo rather than a continuation of it. Of course the Tea Party threw its little conniption, but thankfully they're irrelevant enough at this point for the Republicans to pass it party line without their useless brinkmanship. The Congressional Republicans did something competent for once! Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies