How will Romney do among the following demographics? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:07:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  How will Romney do among the following demographics? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How will Romney do among the following demographics?  (Read 4357 times)
Vermin Supreme
Henry Clay

« on: March 25, 2012, 08:24:46 PM »
« edited: March 25, 2012, 08:32:12 PM by Vermin Supreme »

–Strippers
–9/11 truthers
–sport fans
–Teabaggers
–wears hoodies
–Occupy Wall Street protesters
–smokes weed
–Reagan Democrats
–Hipster Christians
–Buddhists
–Jews
–Scientologists
–owns PS3 and XBOX360
–Bob Marley fans
–Emo fans
–metalheads
Vermin Supreme
Henry Clay

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 08:41:07 PM »

What the hell are stripers? Do they paint horses to look like zebras or something?

But seriously, he loses all those groups except Tea Partiers, sports fans (vote the same as the national average), and maybe 360 owners (definitely not winning PS3 owners).

I meant strippers
Vermin Supreme
Henry Clay

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 08:48:22 PM »

Too bad RFK's (the forum member) no longer with us.

Who was this RFK guy your speeking of?
Vermin Supreme
Henry Clay

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 02:29:16 PM »

Strippers-10%
9/11 truthers-2%
sport fans-35%
Teabaggers-65%
wears hoddies-12%
Occupy Wall Street protesters-1%
smokes weed-5%
Reagan Democrats-40%
Hipster Christians-7%
Buddhists-5%
Jews-20%
Scientologists-25%
owns both a PS3 and XBOX360-20%
Bob Marley fans-15%
Emo fans-5%
metalheads-15%
Vermin Supreme
Henry Clay

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 03:38:52 PM »

still waiting for BRTD analysis on the following groups
Vermin Supreme
Henry Clay

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 01:55:54 PM »

I bet 9/11 truthers are going to vote third party 76% in 2012 with Obama getting 22% of the vote. Without counting Alex Jones and Ron Paul write ins of course.
Vermin Supreme
Henry Clay

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 05:34:15 PM »

–sport fans - Obama 40%, Romney 54%, Other 6%
–Scientologists - Obama 65%, Romney 20%, Other 15%
–owns PS3 and XBOX360 - Obama 43%, Romney 54%, Other 3%
–metalheads-  Obama 40%, Romney 51%, Other 9%

Sport fans are basically the average voting population. Minority fans will vote Democrat and white fans vote Republican.

Scientologists vote might be higher for Romney consider Romney favorite book is Battlefield Earth(didn't know this until I watch that video in this thread). Obama still wins this demographic though,

No way does Romney win the bottom two. Metalheads will more likely vote  strongly third party with Obama at 20% and Romney 15%. Obama wins the video gamer demographic by just having PS3 on his side. XBOX voters are more of a Romney voting base then PS3 demographic.
Vermin Supreme
Henry Clay

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 11:44:39 AM »

–sport fans - Obama 40%, Romney 54%, Other 6%
–Scientologists - Obama 65%, Romney 20%, Other 15%
–owns PS3 and XBOX360 - Obama 43%, Romney 54%, Other 3%
–metalheads-  Obama 40%, Romney 51%, Other 9%

Sport fans are basically the average voting population. Minority fans will vote Democrat and white fans vote Republican.

Scientologists vote might be higher for Romney consider Romney favorite book is Battlefield Earth(didn't know this until I watch that video in this thread). Obama still wins this demographic though,

No way does Romney win the bottom two. Metalheads will more likely vote  strongly third party with Obama at 20% and Romney 15%. Obama wins the video gamer demographic by just having PS3 on his side. XBOX voters are more of a Romney voting base then PS3 demographic.

I initially thought that as well, but then I factored in NASCAR, golf, etc and then thought of the type of people that would typical identify as a "sports fan". My margin may be a bit high, but I think middle class white people are a group that is currently favorable territory for Romney.

Most metal heads I know are more conservative than fans of other music (spare country), at best libertarian, especially depending on how wide you want to set the metric for a "metal head". If you throw in fans of 80s metal and the like, this group trends even whiter for Romney.

Finally, I thought of the people who would have the financial capacity to own both a 360 and a PS3 (and thoroughly enjoy both). I think that would predominately be middle/upper middle class white people. This is pure conjecture though, I could certainly be wrong.

Fair enough about redneck racing and golf. I wager NFL is lean Republican, NHL lean Democratic, MLB lean Republican, and NBA strong Democratic. All of this based on the demographics that watch those sports.

Libertarian is the best word to describe most metalheads political views. Besides three metal heads that I knew that were leftists, all the rest of them have been supporting Ron Paul for president. And they also tend to be very anti politically correct when they speak out.

Someone who could own both are more likely to be more younger and educated, which will trend into D column.
Vermin Supreme
Henry Clay

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 06:57:57 PM »

I really don't see much actual voting from the Occupy crowd, I'm kind of shocked that you have their participation so high. Very few actual young people choose to vote as compared with their total numbers.

Apply that to metalheads, etc.

Teaparty isn't going to break for Mitt.

The Tea Party will go for anything that is anti Obama and Romney is becoming more and more conservative.  Occupy crowd will turnout for candidates such as Elizabeth Warren and other progressives in this year election. What is your logic for low turnout for metalheads?
Vermin Supreme
Henry Clay

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 11:09:14 AM »

still waiting for BRTD analysis on the following groups
Vermin Supreme
Henry Clay

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 03:39:40 PM »

All the Bob Marley fans I ever know where either hippies  in their 60s or pot smokers that only political issue they care about is legalizing weed. Not either one of them are Romney friendly demographics. I can't see pot smokers voting Romney by that much. Explain that logic Romney will win 30% of that group.

And Reagan Democrats exist, they are all but dead however.
Vermin Supreme
Henry Clay

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 12:35:45 PM »

–Hipster Christians: We need a definition

The church you go to BRTD is good example of this.
Vermin Supreme
Henry Clay

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 04:01:46 PM »

I'm very curious as to how he will do among black Mormons.

60%
Vermin Supreme
Henry Clay

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 04:33:14 PM »

Rap music fans: 15%

Nerds: 30%

Bronies: 25%

Twihards: 20%

Non-white Southerners: 10%

Neo-Nazis: 40%

Hamster owners: 45%

Juggalos: This group is the most anti-political group I can think of