Romney Booed At NAACP Event (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 10:29:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney Booed At NAACP Event (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney Booed At NAACP Event  (Read 3972 times)
old timey villain
cope1989

« on: July 11, 2012, 07:29:20 PM »

Is this really surprising? He deserves props for even bothering to go.

We not going to progress in America so long as politicians feel "obliged" to go and lend their prestige to tribalist organizations.  At least the progressivism of the Teddy Roosevelt variety was strong enough to say, "There's no such thing as a hyphenated American!"

I think you're missing the point. You're expecting Romney to run his campaign with the philosophy that race and racism don't exist. It's a lofty notion but it's not the world we live in.

I admire Romney for speaking to the NAACP. I'm sure it wasn't easy but its notable that he wants to expand the horizons of his campaign. So many conservatives and Republicans today claim to be colorblind people living in a colorblind society. It seems progressive but that attitude ends up ignoring the millions of minorities in this country who feel that their race or ethnicity has put them at a disadvantage.

Democrats have tapped into this emotion. Many in the GOP call it "divide and conquer" but it's one of the main reason why Dems do so much better with minorities.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 09:25:10 PM »

14.4% unemployment amongst blacks under Obama, yet they remain blindly loyal to the Democrats, who take them for granted.

They should be welcoming Romney with open arms as a President who can improve their lot in life, not booing him.

And Democrats can continue to take blacks for granted, because they are the most monolithic voting block in America no matter what.

Yes, voters love to be called blindly loyal and stupid. That's a great way to get them on your side!

old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 10:11:24 PM »

14.4% unemployment amongst blacks under Obama, yet they remain blindly loyal to the Democrats, who take them for granted.

They should be welcoming Romney with open arms as a President who can improve their lot in life, not booing him.

And Democrats can continue to take blacks for granted, because they are the most monolithic voting block in America no matter what.

Yes, voters love to be called blindly loyal and stupid. That's a great way to get them on your side!

My friend, obviously you take great pleasure in embellishing and falsifying the statements of others, as you are the one who used the word stupid, not I.

Yes, but your post insinuated about as much. We can throw out "stupid" if you'd like and simply replace it with "condescending."
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 11:26:02 PM »

So now it's a fact that black people should be "welcoming Romney with open arms"?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies