Who was hated more Bush by the left or Obama by the right (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 11:51:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Who was hated more Bush by the left or Obama by the right (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who was hated more Bush by the left or Obama by the right  (Read 3383 times)
hopper
United States

« on: March 08, 2015, 10:42:04 PM »

I take huge issue with the idea that the liberal base didn't hate Bush as a person, constantly making distasteful insinuations about his intelligence or morals, and I very much question how old that poster was during the Bush years.

As for the OP, however, I'll go with about equal.  The difference is that the far right is more powerful and has a louder voice in today's GOP than the far left had during Bush's two terms, so the "hate" is more noticeable and seems more personal (having the legislative power to block a liberal agenda looks a lot more like being obstructionist/blocking whatever the President puts forth than simply b*tching about it).

The diffrence is that right-wing Republicans openly chastised "liberal" Republicans to a degree that hasn't been seen since the Gilded Age. There was no KILL THE BLUE DOGS mass movement in 06 or 08. If the hate was equal, there would've been way more examples of primaried democrats than just Joseph Lieberman. There were 5 Joe Miller-like candidates for every Ned Lamont type insurgency organized by Democrats.
There is no liberal republicans except for Chris Gibson(R-NY) maybe or Susan Collins but that's about it. You don't see Connie Morella's,  or Jim Leach's anymore.
hopper
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 10:43:54 PM »

The hatred for Obama is far more violent, deranged, and intense than anything the left threw at GW Bush.
I don't see people having riots in the streets because of Obama being President though.
hopper
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 10:50:04 PM »

It's worth noting that the Republican elected officials dive into crazy territory about Obama far more often than than Democratic elected officials did to Bush. Dozens of Republicans were too cowardly to denounce the birther stuff, for instance.
Who cares wether somebody denounces what somebody else says. I don't get why guys on the D side get so uptight on what some Republican Politician says about Obama. Let that Republican Politician who said something about Obama speak for his or herself. Why does somebody else have to speak for somebody else? It just doesn't make sense.
hopper
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 11:00:36 PM »

Obama by the right.

Bush was entirely based on policy, his speech, and Cheney.

The right-wing regressives are much more creatively hateful against Obama, and given that he's been a perfect Reagan-Dubya era Republican, clearly it's personally based.

And it's a perfect storm of being a Democrat, race, perceived inexperience {I highly doubt if he had just waited until 2016 in the Senate that Congress would've been so belligerent, even with everything else}, and not sounding like Dubya

@IndyRep: Exactly
Are you kidding? Obama is no where close to Reagan or Bush W in terms of political spectrum idealogy.

hopper
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 11:24:26 PM »

I think it's the same hate just with different words

Left Blamed Everything on Bush even things out of his control(9/11, Katrina etc) or things that wasn't entirly his fault( Housing Market Collapse, Bin Ladin escaping)

Right Blames Everything on Obama even things out of his control(Recession , Ebola, Ukraine etc) or things that wasnt entirely his fault( Deficit, Rise of ISIS etc)

Left Made up Scandals on Bush( Bush totally ignored Aug 6 2001, Bush purposely lied to go to war in Iraq)
Right Makes up Scandals on Obama( Bengahizi, IRS)

I personally think Bill Clinton was hated by the right more then Bush and Obama were hated

Katrina-Not exactly all of Bush W's you are correct but his approval ratings took a dive right after that and never came back up. Obviously voters didn't think the Bush W. Administration responded to Katrina correctly.

Obama:

Recession-People think the economy hasn't come back fast enough after the recession.

Ebola-No people were not blaming Obama for Ebola but people thought he should have banned certain international flights to the US because of Ebola.

Deficit-Yes Obama is partly to blame there because the deficit went up by 8 trillion dollars under his watch.

Benghazi-It was just sloppy on how the matter was handled.

IRS-not Obama's fault but something did happen no doubt.

hopper
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 01:01:10 PM »

I think it's the same hate just with different words

Left Blamed Everything on Bush even things out of his control(9/11, Katrina etc) or things that wasn't entirly his fault( Housing Market Collapse, Bin Ladin escaping)

Right Blames Everything on Obama even things out of his control(Recession , Ebola, Ukraine etc) or things that wasnt entirely his fault( Deficit, Rise of ISIS etc)

Left Made up Scandals on Bush( Bush totally ignored Aug 6 2001, Bush purposely lied to go to war in Iraq)
Right Makes up Scandals on Obama( Bengahizi, IRS)

I personally think Bill Clinton was hated by the right more then Bush and Obama were hated

Katrina-Not exactly all of Bush W's you are correct but his approval ratings took a dive right after that and never came back up. Obviously voters didn't think the Bush W. Administration responded to Katrina correctly.

Obama:

Recession-People think the economy hasn't come back fast enough after the recession.

Ebola-No people were not blaming Obama for Ebola but people thought he should have banned certain international flights to the US because of Ebola.

Deficit-Yes Obama is partly to blame there because the deficit went up by 8 trillion dollars under his watch.

Benghazi-It was just sloppy on how the matter was handled.

IRS-not Obama's fault but something did happen no doubt.

Yes Obama is partly to blame for the deficit but the right blamed everything on Obama. Fox News blamed Obama for Ebola , Benghazi and IRS gets talked about by Tea Partiers. There's difference between a Recession itself which conservatives criticize him for and the Recovery from the Recession which yes he deserves some blame for

I don't remember Fox News blaming Obama for Ebola. I wasn't watching Fox News during that time span myself. You can't blame Obama for recession by himself(but he was a member of Congress) since 2005. Like I said before Congress knew "The Housing Bust" was going to happen. but Obama was only 1 of 535 members of Congress from 2005-2008 and Bush W. when he was President didn't put a stop to "The Housing Bust" that was going to happen either.
hopper
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 01:38:06 PM »

Bush was hated by the left more, due to the fact that in Post Katrina world, the left was able to tear down 911 image and make him into an ordinary president in taking over the House and Senate and winning the presidency, in the trifecta 2006-2008.

Obama lost control of the Congress, early in his term and the Right couldn't come close in defeating him in his reelction, because in part of the tea party express in 2012.

But, Bush, narrowly.
Can you explain further?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies