Would you refuse to go to a concert if the guy checking IDs had a large Bible verse on his shirt?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 11:27:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would you refuse to go to a concert if the guy checking IDs had a large Bible verse on his shirt?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Would you refuse to go to a concert if the guy checking IDs had a large Bible verse on his shirt?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: Would you refuse to go to a concert if the guy checking IDs had a large Bible verse on his shirt?  (Read 675 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2024, 09:49:56 AM »

That's odd. Normally in these events, and in the events I've been to, the staff checking people have to have the same outfits, either their are from a security company or hired staff with a very specific wardrobe.
You're probably going to much bigger venues than the sort of dive bars emo shows are usually at.
Neo-Malthusian Misanthrope
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2024, 10:00:23 AM »

When I’m in a “making up fake things in my head to get angry about” competition and my opponent is BRTD
He was definitely wearing such a shirt, nothing made up. Don't know why that would be surprising for a show with a Christian-ish band headlining and a side project of a very well known formerly Christian band also playing.

You are making up people who are mad about that.
I saw a Reddit post where some guy got infuriated over a picture of the Minneapolis skyline because it used a church as the centerpiece. There are indeed people who react that way.

Redditors who act like that barely even go outside let alone to concerts
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2024, 10:09:33 AM »

When I’m in a “making up fake things in my head to get angry about” competition and my opponent is BRTD
He was definitely wearing such a shirt, nothing made up. Don't know why that would be surprising for a show with a Christian-ish band headlining and a side project of a very well known formerly Christian band also playing.

I saw a Reddit post where some guy got infuriated over a picture of the Minneapolis skyline because it used a church as the centerpiece. There are indeed people who react that way.

Redditors who act like that barely even go outside let alone to concerts
Admittedly true.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2024, 03:06:16 PM »

Seek immediate help.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2024, 01:44:30 PM »

We're not accusing you of making up the bouncer. We're accusing you of making up a fictional atheist who would refuse to go to the concert if he saw that the bouncer was a Christian.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2024, 01:58:34 PM »

We're not accusing you of making up the bouncer. We're accusing you of making up a fictional atheist who would refuse to go to the concert if he saw that the bouncer was a Christian.

A Christian concert, no less.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2024, 05:36:58 PM »

No. Why do I care what a bouncer is wearing? Now if they are charging a cover that's an entirely different story.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2024, 09:16:58 AM »

They exist, even if they're not common on this forum. In addition to the Reddit example posted before and countless others there I also posted about this not too long ago:
Anyway I posted about being banned from r/atheism just for posting a Furnace Fest video but I once posted this in a 2000s emo/hardcore Facebook group:

That's it. That was the entire post.

....and some guy got infuriated, accused me and the band of supporting genocide and went on some deranged rant that had people laughing at him including many who weren't Christian until he left the group in a huff.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2024, 12:15:04 PM »

no that sounds like something only an insane person would do
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2024, 04:05:20 PM »

They exist, even if they're not common on this forum. In addition to the Reddit example posted before and countless others there I also posted about this not too long ago:
Anyway I posted about being banned from r/atheism just for posting a Furnace Fest video but I once posted this in a 2000s emo/hardcore Facebook group:

That's it. That was the entire post.

....and some guy got infuriated, accused me and the band of supporting genocide and went on some deranged rant that had people laughing at him including many who weren't Christian until he left the group in a huff.

Why should anyone believe this story? You have a reputation on this site for being extremely irritating about your religious beliefs and constantly seeking validation for them. I think it’s safe to assume that when people call you out for it on other sites, it’s because you’ve been exhibiting a pattern of similar behavior.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2024, 11:07:04 PM »

Why are you surprised that you were banned for posting content completely unrelated to the subreddit topic? This is like posting a skateboarding tutorial video to r/cooking and getting upset you were banned.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2024, 11:08:43 PM »

Why are you surprised that you were banned for posting content completely unrelated to the subreddit topic? This is like posting a skateboarding tutorial video to r/cooking and getting upset you were banned.
Because the lead organizer's message in it was one of love and support for ALL people.

He doesn't even get to his prayer until 2:20.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2024, 07:01:43 PM »

Because the lead organizer's message in it was one of love and support for ALL people.

Cool, that's still off-topic.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2024, 07:06:02 PM »

But it was a ban, not just a thread deletion. Honestly in your example I bet r/cooking would just delete the skateboarding thread and assume that person was lost instead of ban them.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2024, 10:33:24 PM »

But it was a ban, not just a thread deletion. Honestly in your example I bet r/cooking would just delete the skateboarding thread and assume that person was lost instead of ban them.

Wow you’re so right. Because you were banned (as opposed to having your thread moderated), all atheists are thereby poopie pants redditor neckbeards and you’re right about everything. Christ is king and you’re a very special boy. Is that what you hope to get out of this?
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2024, 11:53:37 AM »

I’d have no problem with it as long as he wasn’t an asshole about it.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2024, 01:35:43 PM »

Yes, because i believe in the concept of not being obnoxious self-obsessed lunatic and keeping your religious beliefs to yourself.

Just like at any meeting with a stranger or house party or whatever you wouldn't discuss politics until at least the 6th or 7th beer, why would you adverstise your religious views.

We need a new secularisation wave that makes overt religious symbols and identity something of the past.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2024, 02:05:08 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2024, 02:15:10 PM by I spent the winter writing songs about getting better »

Yes, because i believe in the concept of not being obnoxious self-obsessed lunatic and keeping your religious beliefs to yourself.

Just like at any meeting with a stranger or house party or whatever you wouldn't discuss politics until at least the 6th or 7th beer, why would you adverstise your religious views.

We need a new secularisation wave that makes overt religious symbols and identity something of the past.
Uh, people in the emo/hardcore scene talk about politics well before that. Advertising politics is very common in that scene. Like random bands talk about it on stage.

This is not taboo at all, and neither is such advertising of beliefs. Also see how people will often put "Jesus" in their headlines on social media or some random Bible quotes.

(Also I'd be surprised if any of the bands playing have never played in Belgium, they've both toured Europe multiple times.)

EDIT: Yep, a quick Google brought up this, although I've never heard of "Meerhout", odd to go there instead of Brussels or Antwerp.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies