To my fellow Democrats/liberals: Stop saying Republican voters are stupid. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 01:15:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  To my fellow Democrats/liberals: Stop saying Republican voters are stupid. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: To my fellow Democrats/liberals: Stop saying Republican voters are stupid.  (Read 8689 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 10, 2017, 02:14:59 PM »

The internet must be made a safe space for white conservatives!

I agree that Democratic leaders and major public figures should refrain from coming off as elitist or condescending. But I don't think conservatives being made fun of on the internet is the reason Trump won, and if it is then I don't care. This is a group, after all, that made "F**k Your Feelings" a political slogan.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 01:16:24 PM »

Fairly common:

A conservative in downstate Illinois who rallies against Chicago
A conservative in upstate New York who hates NYC
A conservative in eastern Washington who wishes Seattle wasn't in the same state as him.

publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 01:24:43 PM »

Why does they left have to be the one to fight political polarization. Is it because if you asked Republicans/conservatives to stop insulting Democratic voters, they'd laugh in your face, and call you a cuck?

publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 02:55:10 PM »

Why does they left have to be the one to fight political polarization. Is it because if you asked Republicans/conservatives to stop insulting Democratic voters, they'd laugh in your face, and call you a cuck?

This may be a surprise, but most Republicans aren't on /pol/ or the Daily Stormer. We don't call people cucks.

No, but the general sentiment is there. If it's not cuck, it's libtard or some other such word.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 01:29:31 PM »

Our oldest, dumbest, fattest, and biggest as***le President was elected mainly by a dumb, fat, and elderly as****e electorate.

But seriously. I remember back in 2004 when Kerry lost being told that Dems needed to be more patriotic, less intellectual (Comes off as condescending to, y'know, morons), support the War on Terror, and back away from social issues if they ever wanted to win again. Then they did none of those things and won. And then Republicans were told they needed to not just rely on rural whites, embrace more minority friendly policies, etc. and then they ignored that advice and won.

So forgive me if I make absolutely 0 effort to be nicer to Republicans.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies