Neil Gorsuch Confirmation Process Discussion (confirmed 54-45) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 11:37:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Neil Gorsuch Confirmation Process Discussion (confirmed 54-45) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Neil Gorsuch Confirmation Process Discussion (confirmed 54-45)  (Read 56271 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« on: April 06, 2017, 11:10:07 AM »

Stall until the world ends. They went for a Supreme Court seat power grab without even giving Garland a hearing. They don't deserve any space.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 11:21:25 AM »

#WouldNeverHappen
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 11:30:17 AM »

Collins Aye
Murkowski Aye
Heller Aye
McCain Aye

well nay technically.

Are they voting for or against the nuclear option? From my understanding, they voted against by voting "Aye." If so, bless their hearts.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 11:32:14 AM »

Collins Aye
Murkowski Aye
Heller Aye
McCain Aye

well nay technically.

Are they voting for or against the nuclear option? From my understanding, they voted against by voting "Aye." If so, bless their hearts.

Aye for the Nuke, which means they voted nay on the question.

lol, oh well. Never mind. They will regret this in the long term. It's disgusting, frankly.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 11:50:41 AM »

Agreed. I sent an angry email to Sen Warner today calling him a hypocrite, a coward, a dissapointment, and informing him that he wouldn't get any more of my votes since he's decided to become a hack without principles and treat a good judge like garbage. Sent a similar email to Sen. Kaine, but i never voted for him so it was less preachy and indignant.

Give me a break. Republicans didn't even try to nominate a consensus candidate.

And Democrats didnt even pretend to give Gorsuch a fair hearing, which they just spent an entire year whining about. Yes i know, "iz a stolez seat. Teh rules say the Democratic Party forever owns that seat."

No nominee is entitled to an aye vote from any senator. Democrats showed up to the confirmation hearings. They asked questions of Gorsuch and subjected him to the same scrutiny as any other nominee. They showed up to cast their votes on his confirmation. They did their jobs, and they did their constitutional duty. Republicans did none of those things last year.

This. I'm done with this bull.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 02:48:21 PM »

Let's now put 10 20-something year-old judges on the Court who will be willing to not only overturn Roe v. Wade, but also say that all first-degree murder laws apply to the killing of babies nationwide.  Ending abortion is more important than our system of government itself.  I'm serious!

Go away
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies