Attempted Gas Attack on Furries in Chicago! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:37:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Attempted Gas Attack on Furries in Chicago! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Attempted Gas Attack on Furries in Chicago!  (Read 9971 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: December 08, 2014, 03:02:21 AM »

I see terrorist attacks are "off-topic" now. 

I'm actually surprised that it was moved. How is this not a political issue?

Take a good look at the attendees in that video.  They're almost all white, so they can't be Democrats, and they're almost all weirdos, so they can't be Republicans.  Probably Libertarians as that does seem to be the party of choice for white weirdos.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 03:40:01 PM »

Y'all do realize 19 people are (were?) hospitalized because of this, right?
And 18 were released practically as soon as they were taken there.  There was definitely an abundance of caution here on the part of the responders, which isn't a bad thing.  Until evidence of evil intent is forthcoming, I'm inclined to think this was likely a prank that went bad.  It's only getting as much coverage as it has because of the unusual visual spectacle of people in furry costumes.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 10:13:13 PM »

And 18 were released practically as soon as they were taken there.  There was definitely an abundance of caution here on the part of the responders, which isn't a bad thing.  Until evidence of evil intent is forthcoming, I'm inclined to think this was likely a prank that went bad.  It's only getting as much coverage as it has because of the unusual visual spectacle of people in furry costumes.

The police are ruling it intentional, and it's pretty hard to accidentally bring a jar of chlorine into a hotel. And yeah, 90% of the coverage is due to such choice quotes as "'It was shocking,' said Smejkal, standing outside the hotel in a red panda animal suit."

I'm not saying that it wasn't intentional, just that it most likely is a case of intentional stupidity rather than a case of intentional evil.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 10:41:57 PM »

The police are ruling it intentional, and it's pretty hard to accidentally bring a jar of chlorine into a hotel. And yeah, 90% of the coverage is due to such choice quotes as "'It was shocking,' said Smejkal, standing outside the hotel in a red panda animal suit."

I'm not saying that it wasn't intentional, just that it most likely is a case of intentional stupidity rather than a case of intentional evil.

Fair point, but I think someone really hating furries is more likely than someone bringing a jar of chlorine into a hotel for no reason I can fathom - no pool, remember?

Until proven elsewise, which certainly is possible, I'd think a poorly attempted stinkbomb is the likeliest explanation.  When I was at college there was an outdoor showing of Rocky Horror at our amphitheater to which an idiot brought a homemade "noisemaker" that acted like a pipebomb when it was set off, injuring three.  The guy who'd brought the "noisemaker" was as shocked as anyone else by the result.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 01:14:56 AM »

Fair point, but you'd have to be an idiot to not realize chlorine can kill people. Hanlon's razor is starting to pop up in very strange situations.
It never pays to underestimate the power of stupidity.  Not everyone is a history buff who knows about the chemical weapons of World War I.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 11:56:53 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHNSuN9GGGo
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 11:28:35 PM »

It may be a hate crime, and I may not be a fan of Furies, but you don't gas people. Period. 19 people were hurt in this, as bizarre of an event as it was.

Still, Oakvale is correct in the sense that this isn't a hate crime, but it still is a crime. Somebody wanted to injure other people.
Possible, but not proven.  Yes, definitely somebody wanted to at least cause a stink, but until we know who did this and why, the possibility of idiocy can't be ruled out.  Indeed, I think idiocy likelier than malice unless fur-bashing is an activity I'd remained blissfully unaware of until now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies