African American "culture" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 11:47:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  African American "culture" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What is your general view?
Favorable (R/L)

Unfavorable (R/L)

Favorable (D)

Unfavorable (D)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: African American "culture"  (Read 6535 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« on: May 31, 2005, 08:06:14 PM »

Unfavorable of the culture that you speak of, but favorable toward the African-American culture which embraces religious practice and peace.
I agree.  I voted "disagree" in the poll since Richius was referring only to the negative parts of black culture.  It would be like me posting a poll saying "Do you agree with white culture?" and then saying "How do you feel about fast food, obesity, and selfism?"
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 10:22:48 PM »

There is no doubt in my mind that Richius is racist, but you are also racist Opebo, if not more so-- in fact, we all have our prejudices.  For someone who believes in "objective morality," I have to wonder why you speak with such an authoritive slant, like when you claim Richius is a racist.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 10:26:00 PM »

I understand that you would claim you do not hate blacks.  However you often make statements - such as your defense of the racist Richius - which bely that claim.

Okay. Where have I made any "racist" statements?
WHEN YOU SAID YOUR AGAINST GAY MARRIAGE LOL
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 10:26:58 PM »

There is no doubt in my mind that Richius is racist, but you are also racist Opebo, if not more so-- in fact, we all have our prejudices.  For someone who believes in "objective morality," I have to wonder why you speak with such an authoritive slant, like when you claim Richius is a racist.

I don't disbelieve the possibility of defining a term like racist, I just disbelieve the validity of claiming it universally 'good' or 'bad'.
So you're only a moral relativist when it interferes with your sex life.  Gotcha.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 03:35:01 AM »

... A continuing legacy of the slavery era is the damage done to Black culture by destroying its roots and superimposing a Western culture upon it.   

More PC rubbish. Quit complaining about your past and lets move forward.

Haha, very convenient for the Southern White, eh?  It is like a muderer saying oh well yes, I killed him, but it was all in the past..  lets move on!
I'm surprised that you, Opebo, don't believe in forgiveness, especially considering that StatesRights never killed any blacks-- only white people from centuries before did.  I'd expect a fellow anti-death penalty person to believe in at least some degree of forgiveness, but apparently for you a man who murders should not be put to death, but a man who is distantly related to past murderers should be given unrelenting scrutiny.  You, sir, are a hypocrite.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 03:36:02 AM »

African-American culture used to be quite vibrant and creative.

Then came the aura of victimology and it has turned into garbage.
Quite the generalization.  Again, it's like me saying that white culture is garbage because all it consists of is eating fast food and being obese.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 06:19:32 PM »

It isn't an issue of being distantly related to the slavers - it is an issue of being direct heirs of them.  Whites present day economic well being stems largely from the enslavement of the blacks and the theft from the Indians.  To ask these people just forget such things is adding insult to injury. 
I'm sorry man, but you're crazy.  Not only am I not automatically responsible for any enslavement/theivery just because I am white, but blacks/Indians shouldn't still be upset about something that happened to their ancestors, not them.  Seriously, we can just move on.  I never enslaved any black people, why do I owe them reparations?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2005, 07:56:00 PM »

You can hardly call it a culture.  It is more like a psychological disorder.
Yeah, I agree that excessive generalizing is a psychological disorder
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2005, 04:13:10 AM »

You can hardly call it a culture.  It is more like a psychological disorder.

Being black is a psychological disorder?

You think everything you don't like is a psychological disorder.
Gabu, you're a flaming liberal.  Admit it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies