Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 01:57:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 77
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 117679 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: June 06, 2016, 07:39:03 PM »

Today is the first day of Ramadan, just broke the first fast. Fasting times here in Florida were  from 5:08 am to 8:22 pm today no food or drink
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #501 on: June 06, 2016, 08:17:52 PM »

Today is the first day of Ramadan, just broke the first fast. Fasting times here in Florida were  from 5:08 am to 8:22 pm today no food or drink

Are you allowed to smoke? That'd be my starvation survival tactic. Though, if "drink" applies to water, that'd ruin the point.

Nope, no smoking, and by food and drink, it means ALL food and drink, unless you medically need to consume water or food.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #502 on: June 06, 2016, 08:24:21 PM »

Are you allowed to smoke? That'd be my starvation survival tactic. Though, if "drink" applies to water, that'd ruin the point.

Nope, no smoking, and by food and drink, it means ALL food and drink, unless you medically need to consume water or food.

Christ. Congrats to your entire civilization having made it this far despite such a month! (The weaknesses in using chewing tobacco as an appetite suppressant are similar to those inherent in cigarettes--you'd need an adequate supply of water)

I mean, other religions do similar things (think Lent, Passover, Yom Kippur)

But, especially in the summer (in Florida!) when the sun's up for a while, I'd imagine it being a challenge.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #503 on: June 06, 2016, 08:42:16 PM »

It's only gonna get longer from here, by the time of Eid (around July 5th-6th) fasting will end around 8:38 PM.

It will be a couple of years before Ramadan is in Winter again.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #504 on: June 06, 2016, 10:02:33 PM »

That sucks
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #505 on: June 06, 2016, 10:16:18 PM »

It's actually not as bad as you think it is Cathcon, we generally have a breakfast (suhoor) before the fajr (morning prayer time that signifies when fasting is to begin for the day) and I just drink a lot of water and some foods that stay in the stomach longer.

The hardest days are the last 5 days.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #506 on: June 06, 2016, 10:17:49 PM »

My birthday featured gorgeous weather here. My day included some work and renewing my driver's license. I grilled us some steaks for dinner and enjoyed them with a bottle of McDowell syrah I found downstate. It was a favorite of ours years ago, but I hadn't seen it sold locally in quite some time. While drinking the rest of the wine I finally got to start on my Christmas present, especially picked for the scientist in me. We watched the first three episodes of Breaking Bad season 1. Nice.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #507 on: June 07, 2016, 06:26:09 AM »

My birthday featured gorgeous weather here. My day included some work and renewing my driver's license. I grilled us some steaks for dinner and enjoyed them with a bottle of McDowell syrah I found downstate. It was a favorite of ours years ago, but I hadn't seen it sold locally in quite some time. While drinking the rest of the wine I finally got to start on my Christmas present, especially picked for the scientist in me. We watched the first three episodes of Breaking Bad season 1. Nice.

Happy (belated) birthday!
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #508 on: June 07, 2016, 01:41:32 PM »

Just voted for Hillary Clinton.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #509 on: June 07, 2016, 01:50:35 PM »

I was told that I wasn't needed on Friday at my internship and the office was closed due to the Tropical Storm yesterday.

Today I came in and sat down at the conference table to start stuffing a couple hundred envelopes for one our client campaigns when I happened to overhear the bossman on the phone with a friend of his son, who will be replacing me this Thursday apparently.

Naturally, my protective instincts/paranoia went into action, and I went to my friend's office (he was the one who got me my internship and I worked with him on the 2012 campaign) to talk about it. Apparently, they are going to work hard to set me up with the RPOF for an internship but they decided that since I have already gotten my academic credit it might as well be better to give somebody else a turn. There isn't enough work for two interns to do, so its over for me here. I'm gonna really amp up the pressure/passive-aggressive references in order to make sure I get a lock on that RPOF offer.

Anyway, I'm still very upset over this, but not towards them-they were gracious enough to bring me on to begin with, and are doing their best to help me move on-but I still feel really sad for some reason.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #510 on: June 07, 2016, 01:57:26 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2016, 01:59:30 PM by Kalwejt »

This is how I narrowly escaped being vaporized today:

I was getting my (long belated) haircut, when all the sirens went on. Obviously, my reaction was "oh f**k, it's happening." Trying to play cool I asked the hairdresser: "I wonder what's going on", and she replied it's a drill (related to NATO exercises currently taking place in Poland). Of course it was announced beforehand, but I'm always the last one to find out. Later I also read they weren't simulating any bombing, but just hijacking of a military aircraft.

Before you accuse me of being hysterical, I watched like every Cold War-era film imagining a nuclear conflict, so I developed a new reflex.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #511 on: June 07, 2016, 04:16:03 PM »

Ramadan Mubarak anyway Smiley
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #512 on: June 08, 2016, 02:15:49 AM »
« Edited: June 08, 2016, 02:19:05 AM by L.D. Smith »

Just got back from Lake Tahoe where some much richer relatives of mine had a timeshare.

Glad I voted when I did, pity I backed the wrong horse [especially given my ambivalence to either Clinton or Sanders at this point], but at least the native kid got 40%

Unfortunately, I won't get to enjoy too much downtime since I'm literally off to Utah on Friday to visit some other relatives.

EDIT: And I just received a wedding invitation from an old college friend.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #513 on: June 08, 2016, 04:12:56 AM »

Today, while driving from Warsaw, I passed by a column of NATO troops.

I approve of anything that makes Putin angry.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #514 on: June 08, 2016, 03:54:13 PM »

My Bernie supporting co-workers have become insufferable.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #515 on: June 08, 2016, 04:19:15 PM »

Things are now going to get salty.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #516 on: June 08, 2016, 09:11:55 PM »

Push them hard towards Jill Stein Tongue.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #517 on: June 08, 2016, 11:04:22 PM »

Tonight, I went out to eat for my dad's birthday but my stomach started acting up and I got a rash (presumably from different sources). I almost threw up at least twice. We had to go home because I wasn't feeling well. Heck my life.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #518 on: June 09, 2016, 02:25:34 PM »

I've decided that I am too partisan now to keep a green avatar. Red is my color anyway.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #519 on: June 09, 2016, 02:47:04 PM »

Tonight, I went out to eat for my dad's birthday but my stomach started acting up and I got a rash (presumably from different sources). I almost threw up at least twice. We had to go home because I wasn't feeling well. Heck my life.

Hope you feel better!
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #520 on: June 09, 2016, 03:22:55 PM »

Hope you feel better!
I already do. Thanks!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #521 on: June 09, 2016, 03:25:46 PM »

Hope you feel better!

Agreed.

Also, I had to do some heavy lifting for band (stupid percussion) and I snapped a couple muscle in my neck while twisting. I now have a neck brace and during testing I had to stand up and bend over to look down. Ugh.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #522 on: June 09, 2016, 03:30:14 PM »

Between finals, an english paper, multiple gigs this weekend, and my friend's birthday party yesterday, this week hasn't been fun. Good thing is that there's only a few more days of school.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #523 on: June 09, 2016, 03:35:38 PM »

Also summer vacation began the same day, so that was a nice way to kick it off.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #524 on: June 09, 2016, 03:58:04 PM »

2 servers got fired today, one punched a female co-worker in the face and the other gave my boss an attitude for having to come in and started shouting at him.

Our bathroom flooded and caused massive flooding in that section and we had an older woman slip and fall and hurt her hip and we may be sued :/
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies