Alex Sink running for Bill Young's old house seat (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:49:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alex Sink running for Bill Young's old house seat (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alex Sink running for Bill Young's old house seat  (Read 41240 times)
Princess Nyan Cat
nyancat
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.52, S: 4.35

« on: March 11, 2014, 11:18:07 PM »

This seat was a must-win for Democrats to have any hope for taking control of the House this coming election. Yet even recruiting one of the most well-known candidates in the state and she outspent her opponent 4-to-1, she still loses.

Gives me renewed faith in the state where I spent most of my life!
Princess Nyan Cat
nyancat
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 11:20:59 PM »

Because Democratic voters tend to be skew younger and consist of more disenfranchised groups (lower income, more minority groups, etc.). The Republican base mainly consists of old white men who would crawl over broken glass to vote straight ticket Republican for the local city council and dog catcher races.

It's wild, inaccurate, bigoted generalizations like that that drove this young, professional female to become a Republican.
Princess Nyan Cat
nyancat
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 03:26:38 AM »

Because Democratic voters tend to be skew younger and consist of more disenfranchised groups (lower income, more minority groups, etc.). The Republican base mainly consists of old white men who would crawl over broken glass to vote straight ticket Republican for the local city council and dog catcher races.

It's wild, inaccurate, bigoted generalizations like that that drove this young, professional female to become a Republican.

Huh? Are you saying that the Republican base ISN'T mainly old white people and the Democratic base ISN'T mainly minorities and young people?

Of course there are people that don't fit those descriptions in both parties, but nobody said there wasn't.

I'm saying that generalizing Republicans as "old white men who would crawl over broken glass to vote straight ticket Republican for the local city council and dog catcher races" is insulting,  bigoted, and insensitive!  Thank you for reminding me why I rejected the warped, intolerant, smugly self-confident world-view of liberals in college.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies