Big Boy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 06:25:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Big Boy
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Big Boy  (Read 1073 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 14, 2014, 04:27:23 PM »

Simi Valley, CA (September 27, 2011)

"...That choice is the way Ronald Reagan led America in the 1980’s.  That approach to leadership is best embodied in the words he spoke to the nation during his farewell address in 1989.  He made clear he was not there just marking time.  That he was there to make a difference.  Then he spoke of the city on the hill and how he had made it stronger.  He said, “I’ve spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don’t know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That’s how I saw it and see it still.”

That is American exceptionalism folks, and Ronald Reagan understood it. He spoke about it. He believed. He was the man for the moment when the party and the country needed him most. He was a citizen politician, a man concerned about this country and its future. We need more individuals like that, more people willing to standup and take a stand, to join the fight and ensure that this country remains the greatest nation on the face of the earth. Which brings me to the crux of my speech and true reason for being here today. I've be pressed to run for President for many months and I addressed such calls as flattery and I greatly appreciated it, but the more I look out at this country the more I hear those calls I see the need for leadership, for boldness, for clarity. The desire for a crusade to be formed, a crusade to go from coast to coast to make America great once again, and so it is with that thought and after great counsel with my wife and children I have reached a decision today. For the sake of this country and the need to move it away from the failures of Barack Obama and to restore hope and opportunity again I am announcing today and officially declaring my candidacy for President of the United States."

Chris Christie Campaign Schedule: First Week on the Trail
Sept. 28: New Hampshire
Sept. 29: Iowa
Sept. 30: South Carolina
Oct. 1: Florida
Oct. 2. Nevada
Oct. 3. California/Arizona
Oct. 4. New York/New Jersey/New Hampshire
Oct. 5. Iowa
Oct. 6. Iowa

Republican Nomination Poll:
Chris Christie: 30%
Mitt Romney: 21%
Herman Cain: 11%
Rick Perry: 10%
Newt Gingrich: 9%
Ron Paul: 6%
Michelle Bachmann: 5%
Rick Santorum: 3%
Jon Huntsman: 2%
Undecided: 4%

Romney Goes on The Attack
"Look, I like Chris. I think he's a terrific Governor, but he's an opportunist. He in this race for Chris Christie, not for the people of America." -- Mitt Romney

Open The Floodgates: Endorsements for Christie
Sen. John McCain and Sen. Kelly Ayotte Endorse Christie at a Rally in NH

Former NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani Endorses Christie, "He's the man for the job America!"

A blow to Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush backs Christie, calling him a leader.

General Election Poll: Obama v. Christie
Barack Obama: 45%
Chris Christie: 44%
Undecided: 11%

Christie Sets up Shop in NH
Concord, NH (October 30th 2011)
Chris Christie has staked much of his presidential campaign in the state of New Hampshire. A more moderate, but fiscally conservative state Christie hopes to use it as a launching pad to win the Republican nomination. He faces competition from Mitt Romney, the former governor from neighboring Massachusetts, though following his entrance into the race Romney's support has shrunk and pundits say that if Christie can stop Romney in NH the former Massachusetts' governor's campaign will be done, but the campaign may see the writing on the wall. The Romney campaign began doubling down in states like Florida and Nevada, as well as making a push in the state of Iowa, where it is considered a tossup.
Other factors in the state include Former Utah Governor and Ambassador to China Jon Huntsman's who made New Hampshire his firewall, along with Texas Representative Ron Paul who has a strong following from liberty activists in the state.

Current polls put Christie in a statistical dead heat with Romney: 25 percent to 25 percent.

BIG BOY: Chris Christie For President
By: NHI
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 04:30:49 PM »

Possibly Inspired? Wink

2012:

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie/Arizona Senator John Kyl:282 EV, 47.91%
President Barack Obama/VP Joe Biden:256 EV, 47.26%

2016:
-President Christie is shot in mid 2013, VP Kyl takes over, though many doubt his ability after passing dangerous welfare cuts, getting the US into both Crimea and Syria, with open conflict with Iran erupting in January 2015, allowing for a Primary challenge from Senator Jim DeMint, who primaries the President due to dissatisfaction from the establishment, and due to Tea Partiers being emboldened.

Arizona Senator Gabrielle Giffords/Alaska Senator Mark Begich:368 EV,  40.35%
South Carolina Senator Jim DeMint/Texas Governor Ted Cruz:117 EV, 35.72%
Indiana Senator Dan Coats/North Dakota Senator John Hoeven:53 EV, 21.67%

2020:

California Governor Kevin McCarthy/New Hampshire Governor Kelly Ayotte:301 EV, 50.45%
President Gabrielle Giffords/VP Mark Begich:237 EV, 47.10%

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 06:57:16 PM »

Possibly Inspired? Wink

2012:

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie/Arizona Senator John Kyl:282 EV, 47.91%
President Barack Obama/VP Joe Biden:256 EV, 47.26%

2016:
-President Christie is shot in mid 2013, VP Kyl takes over, though many doubt his ability after passing dangerous welfare cuts, getting the US into both Crimea and Syria, with open conflict with Iran erupting in January 2015, allowing for a Primary challenge from Senator Jim DeMint, who primaries the President due to dissatisfaction from the establishment, and due to Tea Partiers being emboldened.

Arizona Senator Gabrielle Giffords/Alaska Senator Mark Begich:368 EV,  40.35%
South Carolina Senator Jim DeMint/Texas Governor Ted Cruz:117 EV, 35.72%
Indiana Senator Dan Coats/North Dakota Senator John Hoeven:53 EV, 21.67%

2020:

California Governor Kevin McCarthy/New Hampshire Governor Kelly Ayotte:301 EV, 50.45%
President Gabrielle Giffords/VP Mark Begich:237 EV, 47.10%

I hadn't seen that yet...definite props for it though.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 08:18:31 AM »

Christie under fire from Rivals

Christie: "I would put my conservative credentials up against anyone on that stage. I'm pro-life, I'm pro-second amendment. I've taken on the teacher's unions in my state and won. I've balanced the budget, I've cut taxes, all with a Democratic legislature. I think the problem with some and I call out Senator Santorum on this, he believes to be a conservative you have to scream and yell your positions and in do it in such a way that we turn people off. You don't have to do that, that's not how we win. Now some people call me loud, I like to think of myself as frank and truthful. People know where I stand on the issues, period. As a party we better be focusing on how we're going to defeat Barack Obama, then attacking one another over silliness."

Perry Continues to Falter
He entered the race with some promise, but after nearly two months in the race Rick Perry is down in the polls and any momentum he had when he entered is gone. Most polls place him at 4th or 5th place.

Gingrich on the Rise
Short on money, but killing it in the debates, Newt Gingrich began a steady rise and positioned himself as the conservative alternative to Chris Christie. "In this race we have two Northeast moderates. We need a Reagan conservative to draw the bold contrasts with Barack Obama who deserves to be defeated."

UNION LEADER: GINGRICH FOR PRESIDENT
In a surprise rebuke of Christie, The Union Leader endorsed Newt Gingrich for President, calling him a bold conservative.

Republican Nomination Poll: December 2011
Chris Christie: 28%
Newt Gingrich: 21%
Mitt Romney: 15%
Ron Paul: 9%
Rick Perry: 7%
Rick Santorum: 6%
Jon Huntsman: 3%
Michelle Bachmann: 1%
Undecided: 10%

Iowa Caucuses Poll: December 2011
Newt Gingrich: 25%
Chris Christie: 25%
Rick Santorum: 17%
Mitt Romney: 11%
Ron Paul: 7%
Rick Perry: 3%
Jon Huntsman: 0.5%
Undecided: 3.5%

New Hampshire Primary Poll: December 2011
Chris Christie: 27%
Mitt Romney: 22%
Ron Paul: 17%
Jon Huntsman: 14%
Newt Gingrich: 7%
Rick Santorum: 4%
Rick Perry: 1%
Undecided: 7%

Iowa Caucuses: 2012
√ Newt Gingrich: 24%
Chris Christie: 23%
Rick Santorum: 21%
Mitt Romney: 14%
Ron Paul: 11%
Rick Perry: 3%
Michelle Bachmann: 2%
Jon Huntsman: 1%
Other: 1%
OnlyAlb
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 07:43:10 PM »

Like this so far. I've been creeping on this site for awhile. You have some of the best timelines on this site.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 08:49:40 PM »

Like this so far. I've been creeping on this site for awhile. You have some of the best timelines on this site.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Looking forward to reading your timeline as well.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 07:16:41 PM »

Chris Christie Rebounds
New Hampshire
√ Chris Christie: 24.3%
Ron Paul: 19.9%
Mitt Romney: 17.3%
Jon Huntsman: 16.9%
Newt Gingrich: 13.9%
Rick Santorum: 6.0%
Other: 1.7%

Chris Christie rebounded with a win in the New Hampshire Primary, upsetting long time frontrunner and favorite Mitt Romney who finished a disappointing third place and soon left the race. The race for the Republican nomination continued to solidify after the primary. Jon Huntsman left the race before South Carolina and endorsed Chris Christie. Rick Santorum remained in the race, though as a distant factor, while Gingrich positioned himself as the solid conservative challenger to Christie. Heading into South Carolina Gingrich looked to duplicate his Iowa win, but failed to block Christie's momentum and the New Jersey Governor locked up a second straight win in South Carolina and from there went onto win the Florida primary. Throughout the nomination fight Gingrich tried to undermine Christie's conservative credentials, but failed to make an effective case against the popular New Jersey Governor and as predicted Christie secured the nomination.

√ Chris Christie: 11,045,111 (64.10%)
Newt Gingrich: 3,275,444 (19.01%)
Ron Paul: 2,009,100 (11.66%)
Other: 5.23%
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies