Activists protest against Islamic Sharia law in US-wide rallies
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 06:07:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Activists protest against Islamic Sharia law in US-wide rallies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Activists protest against Islamic Sharia law in US-wide rallies  (Read 2341 times)
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2017, 12:14:11 PM »

I'm worried about my own safety under sharia law in the United States.  It's something that will affect millions of Americans and it really shows your privilege to dismiss me.

Okay, tell me what elected officials anywhere in the United States are calling for sharia law. I'll wait.

In fact, just for fun, I'll give you a hint: Hamtramck, Michigan is the only majority Muslim city council in the nation. You can check if even they want sharia law.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2017, 12:41:42 PM »

I oppose the idea of American law being replaced by shariah law or any other kind of religious law for that matter. However, these guys are just bigots.

Question.

Christianity is far more prevalent in American religion than Islam, right?

Okay.

So how come if something Christian, (bakers and gay weddings) comes up, you liberals get your panties in a bunch and get mad at the religious institution...but when it comes to something even less common, (islam) you defend it tooth and nail?

Virtually all liberals would oppose and protest a Muslim bakery that refused to serve gays with equal fervor as a Christian one, so your analogy doesn't work.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2017, 12:58:03 PM »

I'm worried about my own safety under sharia law in the United States.  It's something that will affect millions of Americans and it really shows your privilege to dismiss me.
Green Line: posting inane and confusing statements for years
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2017, 05:24:42 PM »

I dunno, but Sharia simply means "Islamic law." What is Islamic Islamic law law I don't know.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2017, 04:33:18 PM »
« Edited: June 13, 2017, 04:37:39 PM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

The hysteria from the right in this thread is disgusting. As a Muslim, I'm more worried about the protesters wanting me either dead/ or my rights taken away than any supposed Sharia law ever being implemented (LOL), most American Muslims anyways are opposed to Sharia, and even the majority Muslim government in Hamtramck has no interest in.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2017, 05:02:59 PM »

Like "ATM machine" or "ITT tech"
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2017, 05:10:47 PM »

Funny how the Left now defends religious fundamentalism when it's not Christians.

I'm fine with fundamentalists of any stripe as long as they don't try to impose their views on the state like the Christian Right in this country.

Fundamentalist Muslims would never try to impose their views on anyone else, you're right.

If they do, I'll oppose them. However, given that roughly ten times the number of people describe themselves as "born again" than identify as Muslim *of any description* in this country, I think it's pretty silly to be worried about political Islamic fundamentalism more than Christian fundamentalism.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies