VP option: Would Rubio have been a better option than Paul Ryan? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:42:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  VP option: Would Rubio have been a better option than Paul Ryan? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VP option: Would Rubio have been a better option than Paul Ryan?  (Read 1443 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: November 08, 2012, 01:33:11 PM »

No.  As I pointed out back in the summer, while Rubio would have secured Florida for Romney, if he needed Rubio to secure Florida the race as whole was was lost elsewhere.  Besides, the problem was the top of the ticket, not the bottom.  I strongly doubt I was the only person who was in a mood to vote Republican on Tuesday, but didn't because he didn't trust Mitt to do anything that the polls indicated would be unpopular.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 01:17:41 PM »

Lastly, it's very rare to lose the campaign as a VP candidate on the ticket and maintain your popularity.  I personally think Paul Ryan will take a hit concerning his image going forward.  He added very little to the overall campaign.

If it had been a closer loss or even the PV win/EV loss some had predicted, Ryan would have an excellent chance of being the 2016 nominee.  With the results as they are, I doubt he puts his hat in the ring.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies