The Hill: Trump set to begin 17-day vacation at his NJ golf club (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:44:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Hill: Trump set to begin 17-day vacation at his NJ golf club (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Hill: Trump set to begin 17-day vacation at his NJ golf club  (Read 1789 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: August 03, 2017, 11:18:40 AM »

Any President should be able to golf however much he or she chooses to; seriously, who gives a ?

Some blockheaded buffon named Trump, I think.

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 06:17:35 PM »

This would be 24/7 on Fox and Republicans go crazy, if Obama still were president.

Pretty sure Hannity would be calling for Obama to be lynched over almost anything Trump has done.

As shameless as it is, people like Hannity are insulated by the goldfish-like attention spans of their audiences. They can bash Obama for taking vacations in 2016, then by 2017 be justifying Trump taking a vacation of the same length without batting an eye. Hannity knows his audience won't remember, if they ever knew what he said a year ago in the first place. It's even worse for comments/segments done several years ago.

Trump abuses this as much as anyone, as those tweets show. He says something dumb, moves on, and leaves everyone scrambling to point out his hypocrisy, at which time he's already said another dumb thing, and another, and another...

This is what angers me so much about the right, and why I find it so hard to treat them as functioning human beings. I remember listening to Rush Limbaugh back in the 90s. He was a talented raconteur, and I was pretty young and stupid. And still, I didn't have to listen very long before I realized he contradicted himself on a regular basis and that there was, logically or rationally speaking, nothing there.

And the same is absolutely true of Trump. He's deplorable, and the GOP is absolutely responsible for the ongoing disaster that is the Trump administration and its fallout. But the media practically gave him a free pass. Forget the offensive stuff he says, and focus on the damaging stuff he does. If his awful business record had gotten the attention his offensive vulgarities do, he would never have gotten anywhere near the nomination, far less the Oval Office.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 11:28:47 AM »

Since the entire White House staff is being evacuated due to maintenance issues I'd guess NJ is a bit cheaper than going to FL, and certainly cheaper than a 17 day stay at Trump Tower.  But with the West Wing shut down, he's gotta go somewhere (other than hell - I have to put that in for the alt-left).

I wonder what the odds are that intelligence agencies (foreign and/or domestic) will be bugging the White House during the maintenance?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies