PA Senator allowing gay people to exist (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:39:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  PA Senator allowing gay people to exist (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA Senator allowing gay people to exist  (Read 5014 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: June 20, 2009, 07:04:33 AM »

Don't be ridiculous, there are no gay people at all where Coburn lives. None, at all. None!!

Unfortunately there are lots.  I am not far from Ohio State.  They are VERY pc there let me tell you.  There was a time if a guy was light in the loafers on a college campus the football team would kick his ass and send him out with the next mornings garbage.  Today every one seems to celebrate this disgusting preversion.

Coburn, you'd be right at home here, although I know quite a few gay people (yes gay people do exist in Oklahoma, surprise?)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 07:06:26 AM »

Pennsylvania, don't allow yourself to become a joke state. Sad

Don't worry, it still has awhile to go before it gets to that point. When politicians start saying gay people are bigger threats to freedom than Islamic facism, then your state is a joke.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 09:14:50 AM »

This man is abhorrent. He wants to ruin the lives of thousands of families in his state; he should not be in a position of authority.

If you're a US resident and feel strongly about this, please sign this petition:
http://www.keystoneprogress.org/page/s/paeichelberger

Signed.

Although I would prefer government to stay out of marriage completely, I am more favorable to the pro gay marriage crowd than I am to the ban them all to hell crowd.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 02:04:19 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And that's a bad thing?

Moralfags like this guy are why I'm a social far leftist.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 02:12:48 PM »

If I lived in PA (which I appreciate I don't - but we all comment on places we don't live, that's kinda the point of this place) then no, I would not want a state senator who regards me and people like me as one step up from paedophiles. Even if he was great on other issues, because the whole "one step up from paedophiles" thing, well, that's kind of a dealbreaker for me (BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!!). It's not that gay issues are all that matter, but when the senator's opinion on gay issues is that gays are subhuman it tends to trump the other stuff.

I don't think that's as outlandish as you seem to think, actually.

I agree. In fact I was wondering what his big deal with polygamy and pedophilia was. As long as the love or whatever they want to call it is consensual, I think it should be legal. BTW, people who are attracted to 14 year olds aren't pedophiles, they're called ephebophiles. People need to stop demonizing things they don't understand!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 02:21:11 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2009, 02:22:42 PM by Mechaman »

Wait, what? I don't think paedophilia should be legal.

What's so wrong with it? I don't think people should be fucking 4 year olds, but surely a 13 year old is grown enough to give legal consent. Just saying.

This senator is right, once gay people have the right to marry we should fight for the rights of hebephiles and polygamists. Just try to stop us you moral facists!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 02:28:02 PM »

Wait, what? I don't think paedophilia should be legal.

What's so wrong with it? I don't think people should be fucking 4 year olds, but surely a 13 year old is grown enough to give legal consent. Just saying.
I disagree, I don't think it's old enough for the child to give informed consent. I think 16 is a more appropriate age of consent, as most individuals are (pretty much) done with puberty by that age, as well as being far more worldly and less prone to manipulation than at the start of their teens. In theory anyway Smiley

There are a few states that have already set the age of consent as low as 14 Smiley
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 02:31:19 PM »

If I lived in PA (which I appreciate I don't - but we all comment on places we don't live, that's kinda the point of this place) then no, I would not want a state senator who regards me and people like me as one step up from paedophiles. Even if he was great on other issues, because the whole "one step up from paedophiles" thing, well, that's kind of a dealbreaker for me (BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!!).

Point out for me where he said they were one step up from pedophiles.

All I see is Eich using the slipperly slope argument and, for the eighteenth billion time, that does not mean gays are being compared to pedophiles; it means that people will argue that any type of marriage ought to be allowed. Agree with that line of argument or not, it doesn't mean he's comparing gays to pedophiles.

I for one do think any type of marriage should be allowed, even if it's between a man and his tv.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies