Activists protest against Islamic Sharia law in US-wide rallies (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 03:49:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Activists protest against Islamic Sharia law in US-wide rallies (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Activists protest against Islamic Sharia law in US-wide rallies  (Read 2328 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: June 11, 2017, 06:55:00 AM »

Can someone tell me what cities, counties or states are in danger of falling under Sharia Law in the US?

Well, Arizona, Arkansas, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Ohio, South Dakota, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Wisconsin, and Wyoming all seem to be in imminent danger of coming under relious law, but somehow I don't think that's what these fine specimens of Trumpism are protesting.

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 06:59:53 AM »

What it boils down to (on top of outright bigotry) is deflection: the Christian right wants to impose religion as the law of the land, so of course they accuse Muslims of wanting to do this instead to distract people.

Be fair. The vocal religious right aren't actually Christian, they just  claim to be when they're on TV (or the internet). Just like with 'radical Islamic terrorism' (where most of the terrorists aren't actually practicing Muslims, or they wouldn't be doing what they're doing). I think that's an important distinction to make.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 12:24:20 PM »

I oppose the idea of American law being replaced by shariah law or any other kind of religious law for that matter. However, these guys are just bigots.

Question.

Christianity is far more prevalent in American religion than Islam, right?

Okay.

So how come if something Christian, (bakers and gay weddings) comes up, you liberals get your panties in a bunch and get mad at the religious institution...but when it comes to something even less common, (islam) you defend it tooth and nail?

I'm probably not the best person to answer this question since I'm only liberal on some issues, but the difference is that Christianity has had a nasty history with the world. Plus, Muslims in America are a disadvantaged minority whereas Christians are a majority.

Well of course, but we're not talking about the crusades anymore, we're talking about the violence in the world today, so much of which is perpetrated by muslim extremists.

You ignorant, biased, ...Trumper.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies