How likely is a complete GOP shutout? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:30:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  How likely is a complete GOP shutout? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How likely is a complete GOP shutout?
almost no chance

little chance

a bit less than 50/50

50/50

a bit more than 50/50

very likely

almost certainly

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 43

Author Topic: How likely is a complete GOP shutout?  (Read 3712 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 05, 2006, 03:42:31 PM »

I'd say about 35%.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 03:51:58 PM »

Little chance--I will personally see to it that DeVos wins MI!

Better get to work. Looks like he peeked early.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 05:15:13 PM »

Are you even old enough to vote?

Anyway

I think there will be a significant swing against the Reps... the issue is whether it will be in the right places.

I give the Dems at least +3 in the Senate... as much as +5 in the BC scenario. And the Dems picking up 10-15 house seats.

This won't be 1994 again... but it won't be a nice night for the Reps... saving some convenient development.

As for the Governorships. OH and PA are out (it's serious wishful thinking to try to see it) WI is a chance, I think MI will stay w/Granholm by a VERY tight margin (less than 2%).

It will be pretty nice if they keep the House and Senate as you seem to be predicting. Best case in the Senate would be 6-7, although I think it will more likely be 3-5 seats. I don't think 20 to 25 seats is out of the question for the House.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 05:19:51 PM »

Anyway

I think there will be a significant swing against the Reps... the issue is whether it will be in the right places.

I give the Dems at least +3 in the Senate... as much as +5 in the BC scenario. And the Dems picking up 10-15 house seats.

This won't be 1994 again... but it won't be a nice night for the Reps... saving some convenient development.

As for the Governorships. OH and PA are out (it's serious wishful thinking to try to see it) WI is a chance, I think MI will stay w/Granholm by a VERY tight margin (less than 2%).

It will be pretty nice if they keep the House and Senate as you seem to be predicting. Best case in the Senate would be 6-7, although I think it will more likely be 3-5 seats. I don't think 20 to 25 seats is out of the question for the House.

Wow, you really think the Dems have a shot at more than 5 seats?  That would be near impossible.  W/Kean winning, the Dems best chance is netting about 1-3 seats, if Steele wins there's a chance it could be +1 or cancelling each other out.

I'm not expecting Kean or Steele to win.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 05:22:54 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2006, 05:24:47 PM by Eraserhead »

That said the worst case for Dems in the Senate would be about 2-3. Maybe 1-3 if they really blow it....and of course all bets are off it there is a sudden terrorist attack or bin Laden puts out another tape to help the Republicans right before the election.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 05:27:07 PM »

Anyway

Wow, you really think the Dems have a shot at more than 5 seats?  That would be near impossible.  W/Kean winning, the Dems best chance is netting about 1-3 seats, if Steele wins there's a chance it could be +1 or cancelling each other out.

If Mfume wins the primary, which looks like it could happen, there is about a 90% chance of them wins, and given the house and govenors race, I'm putting the GOP being shut out at .1%

Best case scenario GOP, hold all seats and gain NJ and MD +2, more realistic is plus +1 or 0

Wait you actually think Steele has a 90% chance of beating Mfume?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 05:32:06 PM »

Anyway

If Mfume wins the primary, which looks like it could happen, there is about a 90% chance of them wins, and given the house and govenors race, I'm putting the GOP being shut out at .1%

Best case scenario GOP, hold all seats and gain NJ and MD +2, more realistic is plus +1 or 0

Wait you actually think Steele has a 90% chance of beating Mfume?

I put Kean beating Menendez at 60%, and Steele beating Mfume at 60%, the chance that they both lose is about 10%

That makes no freakin' sense.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 05:51:36 PM »

DownwiththeLeft do you actually Kean only has a 10% chance of losing the NJ Senate race or did you just type something inncorrectly?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies