Confirmation Hearing: TheCranberry for SoIA (Confirmed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 01:39:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: TheCranberry for SoIA (Confirmed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: TheCranberry for SoIA (Confirmed)  (Read 1126 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« on: September 29, 2014, 12:18:49 PM »

If I may take the word upon myself before this; I want to serve in the position of SoIA for interim purposes, until someone is found that really wants to do the job alone (unlikely) and definetely just until the next President's cabinet. I will try to work with the GM; but I do plan to merely stick for the regional level, and will certainly not be able to reach Hagrid's level of excellent work; nevertheless I will try to do my best.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 12:24:23 PM »

What experience do have related to this work and how do you think it prepares you for the challenges of being SoIA?  (generic bs experience question)

I guess the best thing I can offer that I have held about every office but Justice in the Pacific - Legislator, Speaker, Governor. I see the SOIA as a man of and for the regions; as such I think it's important that I know which problems the regions face, and exploit what I could do to help combat those problems.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't know if you would count this as lasting impact; but I will not offer any cost/revenues estimations for bills/budgets/whatever; rather I would like to see my position as a man to present story lines for individual regions, and work with them on the matters, providing a possible cause of interest for those regions. I will have to talk with SirNick on the matter, but I would like to at least try to create a major storyline for one/multiple regions; a storyline with multiple ways for regions to tackle them, and which hopefully would increase activity and interest for a time.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I have read myself into this matter a bit; but I just found the Game Moderation Reform/ 15th Amendment and the 2009 Cabinet Restructuring Act. I feel everything is summed up well in these two pieces of legislation, quite clear to read; so as of now I would say nothing needs to be changed.

What initiatives would you spearhead as SoIA?

I would like to create storyline for Regional Governments to tackle and work with. Often in Regional Governments it's hard to create something new, to do something innovative, often considered the only thing of importance, so they slip into inactivity. By giving them a problem to solve; and those probably are events that did not happen in real life; we could hopefully help them increase activity and interest.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 11:00:04 AM »

It will be a tough job. What is the biggest challenge you see for the position?

I guess the toughest part I see in it is to find time for both positions; that is to fulfill both my tasks, as Senator and as SoIA. I am willing to take the challenge, though.

Thank you to Senator Lumine and especially Secretary Hagrid for their praise.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 11:54:21 AM »

Thank you Senator.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 12:08:33 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2014, 12:45:02 PM by Senator Cranberry »

I feel it would be awkward if I cast a vote for my own confirmation; so I won't do it Wink
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 01:23:11 PM »

Thank you for all my fellow Senators to vote in favour of mine thus far.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 03:45:50 AM »

Thank you, Mr President.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 05:13:20 AM »

I don't want to rush you, Lumine; but given Tyrion has admitted he is basically a sock account; it would be not the worst thing to have at least one cabinet member; so, could you close the vote so I can swear in? I don't think Atlasia is surviving such a succession crisis a second time...
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 11:55:37 AM »

This can be called as soon as lumine is next online I think.

Anyway, I think Snowstalker (lol) is still AG, so he's next in line even if cranberry is confirmed.

He has been dismissed.

So currently, the next in line, this is Lumine Tongue

Sshh, don't tell him Tongue
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2014, 02:19:29 PM »

Thank you, Mr President Pro Tempore.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length