My thoughts on the 2006 Gubernatorial Races (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:29:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election Predictions (Moderator: muon2)
  My thoughts on the 2006 Gubernatorial Races (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My thoughts on the 2006 Gubernatorial Races  (Read 13552 times)
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« on: April 15, 2006, 12:01:06 PM »
« edited: April 15, 2006, 12:33:59 PM by PBrunsel »

Naso,

I wouldn't be too confident with Iowa going Republican. Popular Governor Vilsack is for Culver and the Secretary of State has a name known statewide, unlike Nussle.

Nussle also has the backing of an unpopular President. When President Bush came to Des Moines last week the protesters could be seen far and wide. At least 5,000 came out to disrupt his $500 a plate dinner by having a "chicken soup for the needy" publicity stunt.

Iowa will be the race to watch this year in my opinion.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 11:11:49 AM »

Naso,

I wouldn't be too confident with Iowa going Republican. Popular Governor Vilsack is for Culver and the Secretary of State has a name known statewide, unlike Nussle.

Nussle also has the backing of an unpopular President. When President Bush came to Des Moines last week the protesters could be seen far and wide. At least 5,000 came out to disrupt his $500 a plate dinner by having a "chicken soup for the needy" publicity stunt.

Iowa will be the race to watch this year in my opinion.

Uh... I thought Vilsak was for Blouin who's trying to challenge Culver in the primary but hasn't really been having much success...

He's realy for both. He has good relations with both and has actualy endorsed both.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies