What was your worst election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 05:50:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What was your worst election?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: What was your worst election?  (Read 4592 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2005, 02:48:04 PM »

Probably 1992, because I didn't like Clinton but knew that Bush didn't know where he was going or what he was doing.

Why didn't you like Clinton back then, before all the sex stuff started? He was conservative compared to Dukakis and Mondale. Was it his party you didn't like or him personally? Clinton had a retarded man killed to prove he wasn't soft on crime, what more did you want.

The sex stuff was only a part of the whole picture, and as John Ford said, it was out there, even in 1992.  But it really wasn't the sex stuff; it was the whole aura of untrustworthiness that hung over the man like a bad stench.  Plus, I couldn't bring myself to trust any Democrat.  And I didn't even really like Bush.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2005, 04:41:31 PM »

Probably 1992, because I didn't like Clinton but knew that Bush didn't know where he was going or what he was doing.

Why didn't you like Clinton back then, before all the sex stuff started? He was conservative compared to Dukakis and Mondale. Was it his party you didn't like or him personally? Clinton had a retarded man killed to prove he wasn't soft on crime, what more did you want.

The sex stuff was only a part of the whole picture, and as John Ford said, it was out there, even in 1992.  But it really wasn't the sex stuff; it was the whole aura of untrustworthiness that hung over the man like a bad stench.  Plus, I couldn't bring myself to trust any Democrat.  And I didn't even really like Bush.

I didn't follow politics much in '92, so I didn't realize there was sex allegations even before he was elected. I can think of 2 republicans I'd vote for President- Guliani and McCain, and I'm supposedly very liberal. But if you can't trust 'any' Democrat that kind of limits your options.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2005, 07:15:51 PM »

Iowa Gubernatorial Race 2002. Sad

Vilsack is not that bad most of the time, but the GOP simply curled up and let him win by nominating some joke like Doug Gross.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2005, 08:09:23 PM »

I didn't follow politics much in '92, so I didn't realize there was sex allegations even before he was elected. I can think of 2 republicans I'd vote for President- Guliani and McCain, and I'm supposedly very liberal. But if you can't trust 'any' Democrat that kind of limits your options.

There was the whole Gennifer Flowers issue that almost derailed his campaign.  Gennifer Flowers claimed to have had a 12-year affair with Bill Clinton beginning in 1977.  Clinton and his wife went on television right after the 1992 Superbowl for him to acknowledge that he had caused "pain" in their marriage (and she said that wasn't just standing by her man like Tammy Wynette) but he denied the Flowers allegation.

Of course, it turned out later that it was true, and he quietly acknowledged it during his deposition in the Paula Jones sexual harassment case, which also gave rise to the Lewinsky revelations.  He still maintains that he didn't have a "12-year affair with Gennifer Flowers" which means the affair lasted 11-1/2 years, or something like that.

To me, Clinton always seemed very sleazy and untrustworthy.  I wouldn't buy a used car from him.  And I always found his wife highly repellant.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies