Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 11:52:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia  (Read 32162 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: September 11, 2016, 10:32:57 AM »

She was "overheated." Who cares.

And I bet a dead Hillary Clinton is still preferred to a living Donald Trump by a majority of Americans.

That should be in the next national poll

Since Clinton has not yet been examined by a doctor (she want straight to her daughter's apartment), that instant "diagnosis" seems to be about as much value as the speculation here. Why does she keep having these fainting spells?

Well she is pretty old and she's been campaigning/doing a lot of events for like 18 months straight now. It doesn't mean she is sick, but it obviously means she can't run a flawless campaign without having some issues. It also doesn't mean she is unfit for the presidency, either. Though, I have reservations in general about old people her age running for this particular office, so I imagine if she actually had any serious issues affecting her, she won't be running for 2nd term. Coincidentally, given her awful trust/favorable polls, that will probably be a good thing for Democrats.

I'll admit that the optics here are awful, but seriously guys, these are not grounds for disqualification. For God's sake, this election has reminded me in an awful way just how close-minded people are, and will cling to any belief of theirs, no matter what.

It's almost like some people forget old folks have more issues/less stamina than younger people. Apparently, old people are supposed to be lean, mean campaigning machines and any bout of dizziness, overheating, coughing or what have you only warrants a discussion of HOW TERMINAL ARE THEY?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 10:46:06 AM »

Hypothetical: What happens if she withdraws due to health issues?

Check my link above. The Dem Committee picks another candidate. In fact that can happen any time before the electoral college meets, even after the election.

Michelle Obama!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 11:14:06 AM »

Ugh, Scott Adams says this means Trump is effectively running for the presidency unopposed, and my family members won't shaddap about it

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/150264994381/the-race-for-president-is-probably-over

This guy did go on Maher and basically say Trump would win in a landslide, so I'm not surprised. So far Trump is losing in the vast majority of the polls taken this year and has the worrisome trend of him not being able to consistently break 43% in the polls. Most of his polls show him below that. If his landslide is still coming, it sure is breaking late.

I think Adams doesn't give people enough credit.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 11:24:59 AM »

Dem hacks, do you honestly believe she should stay in the race?

I would vote for her over Trump even if she was on life support.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 12:12:52 PM »

Holy sh**t, the polarization on this forum is getting bad. Why are so many red avatars mad that this thread even exists? Can't report anything that could be negative about her? There's an automatic dismissal and then a turn of subject to Trump. And (some) blue avatars shouldn't be acting like medical consultants either. Jeez.

I mean this is definitely thread-worthy, but my beef with a lot of folks in general regarding this is that they seem to forget or possibly don't even realize how hard a 18 month long presidential campaign is, and she's old, with known but managed medical issues. Serving as president will not be as physically taxing. People are acting like every little cough, tick or twitch is the biggest deal in the world and it's annoying as hell to read on a daily basis. She's old, and old people have problems like this. Get over it for christs sakes (not directed at you fyi)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 02:25:51 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2016, 02:29:33 PM by Virginia »

I mean this is definitely thread-worthy, but my beef with a lot of folks in general regarding this is that they seem to forget or possibly don't even realize how hard a 18 month long presidential campaign is, and she's old, with known but managed medical issues. Serving as president will not be as physically taxing. People are acting like every little cough, tick or twitch is the biggest deal in the world and it's annoying as hell to read on a daily basis. She's old, and old people have problems like this. Get over it for christs sakes (not directed at you fyi)
I disagree with you about the strain of being President. Many a President has gone grey prematurely while serving in the White House. It's not an easy gig.

Hillary's health should be an issue in this campaign. It directly impacts whether she can properly do the job. (Blue avatars already know she can't on an ethical level.)

Seriously?, I pretty clearly stated "will not be as physically taxing" - Of course the president works a lot and has high levels of stress, but campaigning for this long is way worse. There is an enormous amount of traveling and the like. She isn't a spring chicken anymore, and she has thyroid issues that have a common side effect of easily causing overheating. So one shouldn't acknowledge these managed issues but then act surprised if she has issues during a year-and-a-half-long presidential campaign.

And again, this is what bothers me about this whole ordeal - Partisanship makes people, especially people on the opposing side, act as if it's a bigger deal than it really is because they are so eager for there to be a disqualifying problem that will improve their candidate of choice's odds.

You might say Clinton supporters are biased as well, and to varying degrees that is true, however I acknowledge she has some issues but to me they aren't disqualifying. I'm not sitting here acting like a doctor, concocting all sorts of theories about how she is deeply unwell or what have you. At any rate, it's irrelevant to me because there is not a chance in the world I would ever vote for Trump. If something happens to Clinton, Kaine takes over, and he's a good man in my eyes. Problem solved!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 04:06:32 PM »

Deplorable Seriously? -- a former member of the "Vast Right Wing Conspiracy" (that exposed Bill Clinton for the scumbag liar that he is).

A Trump supporter complaining about "scumbag liars."

...Is this for real? Am I dreaming? What day is it?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies