Should the Washington Redskins change their name? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:59:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Should the Washington Redskins change their name? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should the Washington Redskins change their name?
Yes
No
No Opinion
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Should the Washington Redskins change their name?  (Read 23754 times)
The Ex-Factor
xfactor99
Viet Nam

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« on: June 22, 2014, 01:31:04 PM »

I have a few question.

Now I know nothing about American Football, so I don't know how important the Redskins are as a team.

But how much of the media's focus on the team are because of the perceived offensive name? How would a name change effect the Redskins. Would they simply become something of a ignored team or are they important enough, that there would still be focus on them?

American football is so big and Washington D.C. is a huge market - and the Redskins are a pretty popular team as far as football teams go - that there will still be tons of focus regardless. However this name issue is giving them a ton of bad PR from Congress, Native American groups, the press, and liberals that they wouldn't be getting otherwise. It doesn't help matters that their owner is generally considered one of the worst owners in professional sports:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Snyder
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies