Should the Washington Redskins change their name? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:14:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Should the Washington Redskins change their name? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should the Washington Redskins change their name?
Yes
No
No Opinion
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Should the Washington Redskins change their name?  (Read 23755 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: October 30, 2013, 04:33:05 PM »

If they choose to do so, then I don't care. As long as they are not forced to do it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 06:42:48 PM »

Why not name the team the Washington Vo Nguyen Giaps? He whipped the government's ass.

Why not the Washington PGT Beauregards? The Washington Tim McVeighs? They burnt down forts belonging to the government.

Seriously, the idea of naming it the Washington Red Clouds is asinine. Just because Saddam Hussein fought the Ayatollah does not make Saddam Hussein a good leader. Just because an Indian leader fought for his tribe does not make him honorable; the logic here is "“just because.”"
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 02:16:16 PM »

I'm not in favor of them changing their name, but the Washing Senators idea proposed by traininthedistance is a very good alternative. Plus the name change will require fans to buy new jerseys and memorabilia, which is good for business. If I had a voice in the process, I'd be supportive of that idea.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 03:12:19 PM »

I'm sure this will be a fun topic.

Personally I think it should be changed. Redskins is and always has been a racist term, regardless of the context the organization says the name comes from.

Tough crap. That's the way it is. If you don't like it, leave. The end. No gray area.

Leave from where?

murrica
If you dawn't like it, you can giiiit out!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 04:18:45 PM »

How long until the SJW's start demanding we change the capitals name since the name Washington is also offensive to minorities.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 12:18:19 PM »

Why the leftist outrage on steroids over this all of a sudden? The team has been around for ages.

We can change the team name to the "Washington Tea Party."

Because it never stops for them. 10 years from now they'll be called conservatives backwards for not wanting public nudity.

These people need to be stopped because if they go too far, they'll begin hurting our country and those who hurt our country get punished.

I don't take these people seriously because they're cowards. They spew hatred even more than the worst on the right, and yet what would they fight with? Granola? They're harmless but their rhetoric is dangerous.
LOL! Good old Reaganfan the gift that keeps on giving.

I'm tired of liberals wanting to punish many to please a select few.

And just how exactly are you being "punished?"  Having to spend all that money on new souvenir?
That's not being punished, that's being rewarded. If the redskins change their name, all of your old redskins souvenirs would suddenly become valuable collectables
Also, the new merchandise would sell quickly, because hats, jackets, jerseys, etc need to be changed. That being said, in a free market, no company should be told what their name can and cannot be. There is no copyright on the term "Redskin", only SJW pearl clutching.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 07:54:57 PM »

While Hitler banned smoking and created vast totalitarian order in Europe, Americans were smoking cigarettes and drinkin' Tennessee whiskey.

Hitler banned smoking? News to me.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-tobacco_movement_in_Nazi_Germany

Reaganfan needs a history lesson.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies