The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 11:49:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery  (Read 90668 times)
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« on: June 13, 2016, 06:52:14 PM »

If it has to be between Muslims who want to murder LGBT folk and LGBT folk then obviously I'd choose the latter. But let's look at it this way. There are plenty of American Muslims who don't go around beating their wives and constantly making racist, sexist and homophobic comments at work, and whose fathers don't claim to be Afghan presidents. There were plenty of signs from this guy besides just the fact that he was Muslim, like the fact that he was unde FBI investigation twice. A poll from last years said 42% of American Muslims think gay marriage should be legal. That was higher than evangelical Christians at 28%. How do you square that with Manteenism? There's no question that law enforcement should have been more vigilant. There are plenty of decent Muslims too though, heck there are even LGBT Muslims. We should be reaching out to them and raising their voices.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 09:50:16 AM »

Because we should clearly be carrying guns in gay clubs.

Agreed.

Frankly, I'd be interested to hear from those pushing for tighter gun controls on why that didn't work for the people in Paris. France has very tight gun controls, France does not make guns readily available to its citizenry, and yet 130 people are killed and 368 others are injured in a coordinated attack. So for the sake of argument, please explain how removing all guns from the hands of law-abiding American citizens would make any difference whatsoever on these terrorist incidents? Because from where I sit, Paris cannot be pointed to as an example of where we hope to be with regard to gun control or addressing terrorist threats.

The argument has never been that gun control will stop mass shootings- in fact thanks to the Balkans it's easier to get assault weapons from the Former Yugoslavia (but still very hard) The argument is that the French police were armed, and frankly the best people to stop these gun attacks are the police.

I really don't get why Americans have this idea that if everyone was armed it would prevent these massacres.

Even as a relatively healthy, fit 19 year even if I was armed I'd struggle to stop a mass shooting, especially if I was at a concert/gay club; in fact I'd be more likely to cock it up and shoot someone by accident/shoot myself etc.

It's like the claim that women are safer because of guns- sure it's stopped assaults/rapes and that's good. But a women is 22 times more likely to be used in domestic violence against women.

Like most of public policy it comes down to numbers/stats rather than your gut; we love the heroic image of a brave gun owner stopping the next Sandy Hook but frankly it's a load of bollocks

LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 09:44:37 AM »

I can only imagine the reaction if Hillary won as expected.

"LOL, what a bunch of [r-words]! They said he could win Minnesota and he can't even win safe-R North Carolina."
"How stupid and educated are the Trump cultists to expect a win!"
"It was so obvious. No one would consider that kind of lunatic! America is stupid but not that stupid"
"Just as I predicted - a shy Hillary effect. Easy 10 point win!"

Comparably, Trump supporters around here have allowed Hillary people time to grieve as we understand the loss was tough, especially under these circumstances. I apologize more people coming out and acknowledging that they actually voted for him is tough on you.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 05:33:26 PM »

Breasts are not muscles.

Note that Adam is clearly male while Satan is clearly female.

Regards
DL
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies