The Movie (and TV show) Watching Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:30:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The Movie (and TV show) Watching Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Movie (and TV show) Watching Thread  (Read 32161 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: November 22, 2023, 02:46:53 PM »

The Iron Giant
7.0 (almost 6.5) / 10

Ι don't get why this is considered something of a timeless masterpiece.
It's good but simplistic and predictable.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2023, 05:14:48 AM »

I recently watched "No Country for Old Men" and while admittedly the Coens' craft is insane I was thinking that I can't be the only one who was underwhelmed by the script of this movie.

First of all, there is a serial killer on the loose (a cop being among his victims) and the only one who goes after him is the ancient sheriff of a tiny county? Where is the state police, the FBI, the media?
Then you have the entire plot hinging on Josh Brolin's character having a sudden bout of conscience about a drug lord who was already at the brink of death hours ago and going back to a crime scene in the middle of the night to give him water?
I mean, WTF? This is the kind of lazy writing for which critics routinely eviscerate Hollywood blockbusters but here they are giving a pass because the movie is made by a couple of auteurs? 
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2024, 07:36:10 AM »

I saw the Beekeeper yesterday and while I'm not aware of the political leanings of the people who made the movie, I'll be very surprised if they weren't "inspired" even a little by the Hunter Biden affair.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2024, 11:25:06 AM »

And Adria Arjona is quite pretty and was one of the few things keeping my attention through its runtime.

I always get her mixed up with Eiza Gonzalez.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2024, 05:28:13 AM »

Rewatched the Kill Bill movies over the last two nights. They weren’t my favorites of Tarantino’s when I saw them and they definitely weren’t this time either. The second one especially just wasn’t doing it for me—it basically ended up being background noise.

For me the first one is by far the worst thing Tarantino ever made. It's the equivalent of cinematic masturbation.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2024, 07:35:32 PM »

The reaction to 'Rebel Moon Part 2' seems to be another instance of people realizing that Emperor Snyder has no clothes. I'm of the opinion that he never had clothes to begin with, so I'm hardly surprised.

Why watch this when 'Dune Part 2' just became available to own and rent?

I actually liked 300 and Watchmen (although it's obvious in the latter that he bit more than he could chew). But after the awful Man of Steel he has become a more pretentious Michael Bay.
Rebel Moon Part One was boring and Part Two is borderline unwatchable trash. The fact that at the end he leaves the door wide open for a sequel just shows his lack of self-awareness.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2024, 01:01:32 AM »

I watched Madame Web and all specials btw.

My condolences.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2024, 07:29:20 PM »

Zendaya is an attractive girl...but looks a bit too much like a girl still. I wouldn't want to see her naked! I'm relieved she didn't do that.

I must be one of the few who is immune to Zendaya much ballyhooed charisma and charm.
As an actress I find her just adequate and as a woman I believe she looks like a teenage boy. In the first MCU Spiderman movie I thought initially that she was a lesbian with whom Peter would have to fight for his crush's affections, hence why she was constantly breaking his balls.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies