Was WWII the only major war under whih there was a clear good side and bad side? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 12:56:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Was WWII the only major war under whih there was a clear good side and bad side? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: .
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Was WWII the only major war under whih there was a clear good side and bad side?  (Read 19154 times)
The Ex-Factor
xfactor99
Viet Nam

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« on: February 23, 2010, 03:51:10 AM »

I'd say the American Civil War also had a good and bad side. One could make a weak argument that the South was fighting to defend its culture and way of life from domination and exploitation by the North, but I've heard the same argument about World War II Japan.

Another possible candidate is the Vietnamese Invasion of Cambodia, 1979-1980 (whatever Vietnam's true motive for invading, the Khmer Rogue were clearly worse, and deserved to be overthrown).

Well considering China, the West, and the rest of Southeast Asia all provided covert support for the Khmer Rouge I'd venture to guess that it was far from obvious which was the clear good side. It was more a war between a bad side and a horrid, atrocious, despicable side.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies