Will Democrats take over the NYS Senate in 2016?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:59:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will Democrats take over the NYS Senate in 2016?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Will Democrats take over the NYS Senate in 2016?  (Read 3076 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2016, 06:02:35 PM »

Well, they technically just won a majority, but not control. Kaminsky is officially the winner in District 9.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/albany-politics/democrat-declared-winner-in-special-state-senate-race-20160502
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2016, 10:23:42 PM »

This blows my mind.

Counting the independent that caucuses with the Democrats, the chamber would be split 31-31, with the Democratic Lieutenant Governor casting the tie breaking vote. You'd think those rogue Democrats would, I don't know, want to caucus with the party that controls the Governor's seat and lower chamber?!

Albany is such a joke, it's unbelievable.
Gog
Gog3451
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2016, 06:56:45 AM »

Voted no, but also:

I was actually looking for a thread that might explain why the NY Senate is Republican (or coalition) to begin with. How is it possible when virtually every other aspect of New York government (State House, US House Delegation, state offices, etc) is so overwhelmingly Democratic? Why can't they manage to take the State Senate?

And further, why did (or do) those "Independent Democrats" keep siding with Republicans? IIRC, One or more of them were from absurdly Democratic districts. It's almost like they are conning their voters by using the Democratic labels, then siding with people that don't represent those voters' values once elected.

Anyone?

Becuase the Dems and the GOP have a corrupt bargain that makes that Republican. Cuomo got safe Dems to switch to causing with the GOP to keep this deal. It's stupid and I hope the voters make them pay.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies