Booker, Gillibrand, Castro, Cuomo - Who will be the Dem Jeb Bush in 2020? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:30:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Booker, Gillibrand, Castro, Cuomo - Who will be the Dem Jeb Bush in 2020? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Booker, Gillibrand, Castro, Cuomo - Who will be the Dem Jeb Bush in 2020?  (Read 2469 times)
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« on: December 28, 2016, 12:11:37 PM »

It's close between Booker and Castro. I'm leaning towards Booker because I don't think Castro will have the establishment's backing or big coffers.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 01:04:11 PM »

It would be, and it will be Cory Booker.

Washington likes him because he's young, a decent speaker and an African-American, and they think he's the "next Obama". I have no doubt a bunch of major donors will be attracted to him because he's "electable" enough for them.

But frankly, like Jeb Bush, I see him as painfully moderate to the point where any left-wing Democrat can easily cross him out. In 2013, when asked if he was a progressive, he said he was first "a Democrat and an American." He's been described as fiscally conservative and socially liberal. He defended Bain Capital and private equity back in 2012 against Barack Obama.

I know plenty of people are comparing Gillibrand to Clinton in many ways, but Booker is every negative Gillibrand has maximized with hardly any of her positives.
But you pointed out the problem with the comparison he is a decent speaker which Jeb is not so he has a better chance of defending himself

It doesn't matter how well he speaks. He's too plastic. It's like he was created in a lab by his corporate donors in order to be the "perfect candidate."

He will be disowned and smeared quickly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies