Marokai Blue for Senator: Re-election time is-a comin' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:33:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Marokai Blue for Senator: Re-election time is-a comin' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Marokai Blue for Senator: Re-election time is-a comin'  (Read 17052 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: June 01, 2009, 08:44:11 PM »

While I will preference you behind my party's two candidates, I must say that you winning would bring a lot more fire to the Senate. When I first came here, the Senate was in the exact same shape as it is now. There was a period though, from February to April, where every bill was an epic struggle between the RPP & the SDP/JCP. Now that was exciting. Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 04:19:02 AM »
« Edited: June 02, 2009, 04:20:34 AM by Senator PiT »

As always I'd like to address something here at my campaign. Smiley

That aside, I decided to run for President because while partisan bickering is lots of fun, we are facing a genuine crisis in Atlasia, & have been facing one for a long time. This crisis relates to the fact that Atlasian voters tend to be very inactive outside of election time. While I am proud to say that we are making progress in this regard, Atlasian activity is a mere shadow of what it once was. If elected President, I will dedicate myself to finding solutions to this problem.

Admirable, Senator, truly admirable. I am absolutely in agreement that bickering and debate can be alot of fun (and I pledge that fiery discussion and passionate debate where necessary if I am elected), and that we have a terrible problem of people only popping in when absolutely necessary. It's the same problem we face in the Constitutional Convention, and in the Senate.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to add up to who you're supporting for DWTL's seat. Duke has openly admitted to being woefully inactive until, suddenly, he wants to run for the Senate, then he comes up with a bunch of poorly thought-out gimmicks and makes grand promises about activity. Wink

Perhaps if you want a solution to your problem, voting for the candidate with consistent activity and a track record of keeping promises and working hard in every area he can, would be your first step! Smiley

Duke is someone that I fundamentally trust quite strongly. While he has been pretty inactive for a long time, college is no joke. When he says he'll be an active Senator, I trust that that is indeed the case, & will be the first to ask him to stand down in August if that turns out to not be the case.

When I came to him, he told me that he had not been particularly interested in Atlasia for awhile. I have found that a remarkably consistent complaint of private citizens as well as holders of weak offices in Atlasia is that it is not interesting. If Duke becomes an active Senator, this will prove my hypothesis, & point to an avenue of reform. One possible idea that I am entertaining at the moment is a service to PM random voters about important issues facing Atlasia, so they can feel that they will be able to affect government policy without having to be an officeholder.

Also, while you do raise a good point that you have shown consistent activity over a long period of time, I would like to say that I am a fan of your work as Attorney General in creating the RoW project. The cabinet is a notorious bastion of inactivity, & I think that an AG who is in touch enough with Senate activity to care about it is the best thing a President could ask for.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 03:13:33 PM »

to PiT,
if you are inactive then it is hard to come back and kind of have the right flow. They are kind of clueless nd when they come back they have to fill them self in and that takes additional time.

I have found that inactive members usually manage to catch up, though. Fact is, not enough happens substantially in Atlasia to make catching up with current events difficult.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 08:25:44 PM »

you know how everyone is talking about unity? well i have been thinking, maybe that is the wrong move.

Well, PiT believes in unity when it suits him Smiley
don't you mean when he wants to win?

Because of course I might not believe in unity to solve core problems of Atlasia, eh?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 07:22:06 PM »

I'm not really used to this laptop, but it shouldn't my activity to any noticeable degree.

It already affect your activity, you forgot to put a verb in your sentences.

Your sentence isn't much better.

But he has the excuse of not being a native English-speaker.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 10:11:53 PM »

Whether or not people endorse you is irrelevant, you certainly have the votes to be re-elected for as long as your heart desires.  Sort of the interesting part of this system of voting, hell, if the RPP or JCP wanted to we could nominate Stark and Gporter and have them win

I thought you hated it?

This is what is wrong.

Almost from the inception of the RPP, DWTL has been an outspoken proponent of the at-large elections of half of the Senate. If he hated it, he could do like me & refuse to run for any of the at-large seats.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 10:25:22 PM »

Whether or not people endorse you is irrelevant, you certainly have the votes to be re-elected for as long as your heart desires.  Sort of the interesting part of this system of voting, hell, if the RPP or JCP wanted to we could nominate Stark and Gporter and have them win

I thought you hated it?

This is what is wrong.

Almost from the inception of the RPP, DWTL has been an outspoken proponent of the at-large elections of half of the Senate. If he hated it, he could do like me & refuse to run for any of the at-large seats.

Note my use of the past tense.

But please, nominate/elect gporter. I could use some funny.

The JCP can nominate him first. Tongue

Also, I would like to mention that the School Lunch Act did not do much of anything, upon the realization that pretty much the same bill had been passed by the United States Senate (unless I am thinking of an altogether different bill).
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 08:23:59 PM »

I thought you hated it?

This is what is wrong.

Note my use of the past tense.

But please, nominate/elect gporter. I could use some funny.

The JCP can nominate him first. Tongue

Also, I would like to mention that the School Lunch Act did not do much of anything, upon the realization that pretty much the same bill had been passed by the United States Senate (unless I am thinking of an altogether different bill).

What exactly are you referring to? I don't recall a bill passing in the US congress that mandated most schools have salad bars.

Maybe I'm mistaken as to the exact bill, though I do recall that there was a bill that passed late last Senate that was later realized to be redundant on account of nearly the same bill having been grandfathered in from the U.S. legal code.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies