The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 05:00:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 86
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 210230 times)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: October 31, 2013, 03:04:00 PM »

Awful.

Libertarians should be exiled to Saudi Arabia.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #951 on: October 31, 2013, 05:35:54 PM »

>Says the guy who thinks religion should be abolished
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #952 on: October 31, 2013, 05:38:44 PM »

I don't believe in God or anything but I'm still Catholic. Wink
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #953 on: November 01, 2013, 12:51:47 PM »

I feel like we've been having this anniversary since I was old enough to know who JFK was. I was once reading the 1992 TIME Magazine cover of Bill Clinton as Person of the Year and one of the articles started off by comparing him to JFK. In elementary school I had a teacher who told us that "where were you when JFK was shot" used to be a big thing. In high school my English teacher told us about how she'd cried after the 1960 debates cause she thought JFK was going to lose. When my parents first came to America we rented a room from a kind elderly couple and I remember the lady saying JFK was her favorite president. One of Michael Moores movies begins by harkening back to the JFK inauguration. I think its a generational thing. When he died, I think, a whole generation lost its innocence. America lost its innocence. It had to be a conspiracy. Hasnt anyone seen the Oliver Stone movie?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #954 on: November 01, 2013, 01:00:25 PM »

I don't believe in God or anything but I'm still Catholic. Wink

Quit poking BRTD Wink
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #955 on: November 01, 2013, 03:12:56 PM »

I feel like we've been having this anniversary since I was old enough to know who JFK was. I was once reading the 1992 TIME Magazine cover of Bill Clinton as Person of the Year and one of the articles started off by comparing him to JFK. In elementary school I had a teacher who told us that "where were you when JFK was shot" used to be a big thing. In high school my English teacher told us about how she'd cried after the 1960 debates cause she thought JFK was going to lose. When my parents first came to America we rented a room from a kind elderly couple and I remember the lady saying JFK was her favorite president. One of Michael Moores movies begins by harkening back to the JFK inauguration. I think its a generational thing. When he died, I think, a whole generation lost its innocence. America lost its innocence. It had to be a conspiracy. Hasnt anyone seen the Oliver Stone movie?
I think this is satirical. Or at least I hope it is.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #956 on: November 01, 2013, 03:20:21 PM »

Wait, was that a quote or were you posting that in the Deluge? I really hope it was a quote.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #957 on: November 01, 2013, 03:32:02 PM »

Whoops. I meant I agree with Tik.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #958 on: November 01, 2013, 04:12:47 PM »

Cool.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #959 on: November 01, 2013, 09:41:14 PM »

I think Bushie will keep his word.
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #960 on: November 01, 2013, 10:22:11 PM »

If you enjoy neither opebo nor The Update then I'm not really sure what you're doing on this forum.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #961 on: November 02, 2013, 12:55:46 AM »

Presented without comment.

Anyway I wish we lived in a society where the wealthy had more children and the desperately poor used abortion to limit their numbers.  Instead it is the other way round.  Not sure what is noble about a society of rich people who limit the number of children they have so they can indulge themselves and poor people who spit out hordes of children because ph-cking is their only entertainment and they don't give a rat's @$$ about the miserable future their children are going to have.
What's wrong with what he said?  He isn't advocating eugenics.  He merely stated he wished the family size/income ratio was reversed.

Surely this would be a good thing for children since they'd have financial stability.

But that's not going to happen.  So we should probably spend more money as a society on making sure poor children have their basic needs met and give them opportunities to make a better life for themselves than they were born into.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #962 on: November 02, 2013, 12:58:41 AM »

No, he explicitly said he wants poors to have more abortions. That is eugenics.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #963 on: November 02, 2013, 01:49:28 AM »

Presented without comment.

Anyway I wish we lived in a society where the wealthy had more children and the desperately poor used abortion to limit their numbers.  Instead it is the other way round.  Not sure what is noble about a society of rich people who limit the number of children they have so they can indulge themselves and poor people who spit out hordes of children because ph-cking is their only entertainment and they don't give a rat's @$$ about the miserable future their children are going to have.
What's wrong with what he said?  He isn't advocating eugenics.  He merely stated he wished the family size/income ratio was reversed.

Surely this would be a good thing for children since they'd have financial stability.

But that's not going to happen.  So we should probably spend more money as a society on making sure poor children have their basic needs met and give them opportunities to make a better life for themselves than they were born into.

He's assuming that it's the rich having abortions rather than the poor, which is just factually incorrect in the extreme.  He's advocating abortion as a preferred method of fertility control which should be morally disgusting to anyone with even the most minimal sense of reverence for life. And he's portraying poor people who have children as a bunch of - well, I can't really improve on the obnoxiousness of his description. 

I agree that it would be better in some important ways if the family size/income ratio were reversed, but it's not worth doing by killing off poors or shaming them for having babies or otherwise degrading human dignity.  Some attempt at empathy when considering why the ratio is what it is might be worthwhile. 
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #964 on: November 02, 2013, 07:37:04 PM »

Uh, he nearly caused WWIII. He was a scumbag who philandered across Europe while my poor grandma lived off of a can of ravioli per day in her one room apartment shared with her mother and another family.

Huh
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #965 on: November 02, 2013, 07:58:55 PM »

Uh, he nearly caused WWIII. He was a scumbag who philandered across Europe while my poor grandma lived off of a can of ravioli per day in her one room apartment shared with her mother and another family.

Huh
How is this absurd? It was during the depression, not his presidency, if that is where you need clarification.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #966 on: November 02, 2013, 07:59:35 PM »

Huh
How is this absurd? It was during the depression, not his presidency, if that is where you need clarification.

Are you some kind of Snowstalker-type who hates the wealthy on principle now?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #967 on: November 02, 2013, 08:00:18 PM »

Massive FF, underrated in general by people who think they're sage (see the bizarre Woodrow Wilson backlash on the internet).
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #968 on: November 02, 2013, 08:04:13 PM »

Huh

No, I hate how progressives froth at the mouth over him though. The Kennedy's have been spitting on the poor since they left their ranks.

Don't get me wrong, I think rich people should do as they please with their wealth. I just don't think they should implement policies that target their own wealth, unless they themselves are willing to go full on St. Francis of Assisi.

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #969 on: November 02, 2013, 08:04:49 PM »

Huh

The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #970 on: November 02, 2013, 08:15:14 PM »

Huh

No, I hate how progressives froth at the mouth over him though. The Kennedy's have been spitting on the poor since they left their ranks.

Don't get me wrong, I think rich people should do as they please with their wealth. I just don't think they should implement policies that target their own wealth, unless they themselves are willing to go full on St. Francis of Assisi.

So you resent him because he lived a life of privilege and then sought to make life better for average Americans... like your grandmother eating her ravioli among a crowd of her apartment mates....

The circles you run yourself around to come to the conclusions you do is frightening.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #971 on: November 02, 2013, 08:18:27 PM »

Huh

Its bad that I think JFK is a horrible, horrible person? If you put political positions that you don't like in this thread, it kinda cheapens the whole thing. But I digress; my point is rather..well...pointless.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #972 on: November 02, 2013, 08:45:21 PM »

Huh

Its bad that I think JFK is a horrible, horrible person? If you put political positions that you don't like in this thread, it kinda cheapens the whole thing. But I digress; my point is rather..well...pointless.

It has nothing to do with politics. Just a strange, awful anecdotal dichotomy.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #973 on: November 02, 2013, 08:48:40 PM »

Huh

It has nothing to do with politics. Just a strange, awful anecdotal dichotomy.
Granted its a bad comparison; I just didn't feel like posting "he cheated on his wife" to prove the point, as it is rather obvious.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #974 on: November 02, 2013, 08:51:01 PM »

Granted, I made a stupid post, but I just didn't want to make a less stupid one.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies