NYT endorses Clinton and Kasich. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:13:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  NYT endorses Clinton and Kasich. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYT endorses Clinton and Kasich.  (Read 1232 times)
Averroës Nix
United States

« on: January 30, 2016, 01:15:55 PM »

Kasich is already firmly on the Huntsman track anyway. This has very little to do with "moderation" (even the editorial board doesn't try to claim that he is a moderate) and everything to do with him lacking the necessary charisma for throwing out red meat convincingly. 20% in New Hampshire is really a best-case scenario for him.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 01:20:20 PM »

Related point, and maybe sort of a weird one that everyone will ridicule. As I watch the debates from a left-ish perspective, the only candidate who I see even trying to repudiate some of the wackier things that are said on-stage isn't Kasich; it's Jeb Bush. He's not especially effective, obviously, but he's a lot more convincing and direct compared to Kasich's feckless tone policing.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 01:26:17 PM »

Kasich is already firmly on the Huntsman track anyway. This has very little to do with "moderation" and everything to do with him lacking the necessary charisma for throwing out red meat convincingly. 20% in New Hampshire is really a best-case scenario for him.

Yeah but 20% in NH would assure him second place there, making him the establishment "winner."

I'm not sure that it would guarantee him second place. And even if it did, I doubt that it would have much effect. He'd persist, win <10% in a few states, and withdraw a few weeks later, probably.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies