UK General Election - May 7th 2015 (The Official Election Day & Results Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:26:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Election - May 7th 2015 (The Official Election Day & Results Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK General Election - May 7th 2015 (The Official Election Day & Results Thread)  (Read 177787 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: May 07, 2015, 10:33:26 PM »
« edited: May 07, 2015, 10:37:39 PM by SMilo »

CON + LD are -8, LAB + SNP is +8.  is that just reflective of where the results are coming from, since everyone has agreed that Labour disaster is the only possible outcome?

Definitely too early to draw a conclusion. So many of the seats changing hands are Scottish. All the Labour losses are staying on the same side of the equation but Lib Dems are being split by all three so they'll be losing quite a bit to the other side. I don't know how many Scottish seats they've lost so far, but it's almost certain to be 10 at the end of the night. That has to get factored out when comparing.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 10:43:23 PM »

Ugh Eastbourne was sooo close. Rough night...
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 10:52:23 PM »

CLEGG HOLDS ON!!!! YES!!! SOMETHING GOOD FINALLY!
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 12:02:18 AM »

-21 for CON/LD
+20 for LAB/SNP

That gaps just keeps widening... Still waiting for the good news for the right.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 12:11:24 AM »

-21 for CON/LD
+20 for LAB/SNP

That gaps just keeps widening... Still waiting for the good news for the right.

What the hell is that? UK politics don't work in blocks like that.

Obviously, but A) I was referencing a few pages back where those totals were reported as half that; B) As a very, very sad Lib Dem supporter, I would at least be hoping the non-Scottish seats would be heading to the Tories which is not happening; and C) Despite the shock at the success of the Conservatives tonight (relative to polled expectations), the current coalition is still getting killed rather than holding steady even if they manage to stay in power. Hardly a ringing endorsement.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 01:47:25 AM »

I wonder, is there a reason UKIP tends to have its best showings on the East Coast?

I've been going with the theory that they see how bad Europe really is right from their house, and I'm running with that until a UK poster tells us about immigration patterns (or perhaps just historical opposition to Europe) in those constituencies.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 07:23:19 AM »

YouGov election reaction poll out. Highlight: support for Scottish independence has surged in the rUK and a plurality of people now say that England and Wales would be better off without Scotland. Also, there is a 45-45 divide about the Tory majority.

http://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/iznjhc72l9/YG-Archive-Pol-Sunday-Times-results-090515.pdf

Had a look through the poll, and I do wonder... who on earth are the 7% of UKIP voters who want the UK to remain in the EU? Huh

And who are the Liberal Democrat voters who are "delighted"/"pleased on balance" with a result that has all but destroyed their party? Tongue

Probably the right side of the party which ultimately wanted Cameron to stay in power. Most probably voted Lib Dem strategically in a two horse race with SNP or Labour to no avail.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies